Moving My Documents

Ken->

Can you specify a different location for my documents than the default
C:\Documents and Settings\username\My Documents
Thanks,
Ken

Raymond J. Johnson Jr.

| Hi Ken
|
| That option can be changed using Tweak UI:
| http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/powertoys/xppowertoys.mspx
|
| When installed go to Programs>Powertoys for Windows XP>Tweak UI>My
| Computers>Special Folders. Change the option in the right hand pane.
|

| --
|

| Will Denny
| MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
| Please reply to the News Groups
|

| "Ken->" <handsaw AT comcast DOT net.spicedham> wrote in message
| | > Can you specify a different location for my documents than the default
| > C:\Documents and Settings\username\My Documents
| > Thanks,
| > Ken

Can be done without Tweakui; see the linked KB article:

http://tinyurl.com/4w5bt

Will Denny

Raymond J. Johnson Jr. said:
| Hi Ken
|
| That option can be changed using Tweak UI:
| http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/powertoys/xppowertoys.mspx
|
| When installed go to Programs>Powertoys for Windows XP>Tweak UI>My
| Computers>Special Folders. Change the option in the right hand pane.
|

| --
|

| Will Denny
| MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
| Please reply to the News Groups
|

| "Ken->" <handsaw AT comcast DOT net.spicedham> wrote in message
| | > Can you specify a different location for my documents than the default
| > C:\Documents and Settings\username\My Documents
| > Thanks,
| > Ken

Can be done without Tweakui; see the linked KB article:

http://tinyurl.com/4w5bt

Yes, it can be done without Tweak UI, but using Tweak UI is the easiest and
safest way to go.

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
Please reply to the News Groups

Raymond J. Johnson Jr.

| > |
| > | That option can be changed using Tweak UI:
| > |
| > |
| > | When installed go to Programs>Powertoys for Windows XP>Tweak UI>My
| > | Computers>Special Folders. Change the option in the right hand pane.
| > |
| > |
| > |
| > | --
| > |
| > |
| > | Will Denny
| > | MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
| > | Please reply to the News Groups
| > |
| > |
| > |

| > Can be done without Tweakui; see the linked KB article:
| >
| > http://tinyurl.com/4w5bt
|
| Yes, it can be done without Tweak UI, but using Tweak UI is the easiest
and
| safest way to go.
|

| --
|

| Will Denny
| MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
| Please reply to the News Groups

Say what? Downloading a utility is easier than just right-clicking and
specifying where you want the folder to go? Safer how? Of course the OP
should have the folder backed up before moving it in either case.

Ken->

Thanks,
I followed the link and followed the instructions. It was actually easy, and
almost nothing I do on this (explitive deleted) computer is easy.
Ken