moving Contacts

J Lunis

Vista Home Premium / Outlook 2007

This should be easy but I can't find the answer.

I want to move all Contacts in one pst to another pst on a separate PC.
I can find how to move a pst and I can find how to move contacts one at
a time but not how to move all contacts. If it is easier, just point me
to the documentation.

Brian

Open Outlook
1-in the menu bar, choose "import and export"
2- in the box that appears, choose "export to a file" and press "next"
3-in the next screen choose "personal folder file .pst" and press "next"
4-in the next screen choose/highlight the "contacts" folder and press next.
5-in the next screen press the "browse" button and choose a name and a
location for the export file.

you are done with the export.

6- transfer the file to the new computer.
7-open Outlook and under "file" in the menu bar choose "import and export"
8- in the box that appears, choose "import from another program or file" and
press "next"
9- in the next screen (scroll down) and choose "Personal Folder File .pst"
and press "next"
10- in the next screen click "browse" and choose the export file from where
you had saved it.
11- in the next screen choose the folder where you want the info to be
IMPORTED into, which in your case is the "contacts" folder

P.S you can use this method to export/import ANY folder, including the
entire Outlook file (by choosing the very top folder when
exporting/importing).

Regards,

Brian

Gordon

"Brian" wrote in message
[...]

Err why not just COPY the existing pst file to the new computer, open it in
Outlook then copy the Contacts from the old to the new? FAR easier than all
that importing/exporting rigmarole...

Gordon

"J Lunis" wrote in message

Vista Home Premium / Outlook 2007

This should be easy but I can't find the answer.

I want to move all Contacts in one pst to another pst on a separate PC.
I can find how to move a pst and I can find how to move contacts one at
a time but not how to move all contacts. If it is easier, just point me
to the documentation.

Close Outlook. Make a COPY of the pst file. Transfer that file to the new
computer. Open it in Outlook (File-Open-Outlook Data File). Copy the
Contacts into the new pst file. Close the old pst file.
That's all there is to it...