Mount floppy in SuSe 9.3

ladypcer

The Linux Lady
Reaction score
Mucks! Look what I found. :D

A way around the floppy mount bug.

On desktop- right click and create new- Link to Device- Floppy Device- click device tab- and choose "dev/fd0(media/floppy)
Click OK.

It worked for me. :thumb:

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
ladypcer said:
Mucks! Look what I found. :D

A way around the floppy mount bug.

On desktop- right click and create new- Link to Device- Floppy Device- click device tab- and choose "dev/fd0(media/floppy)
Click OK.

It worked for me. :thumb:
I had seen that before in one of your links to a site ... I did not get it to work.

Their distructions were not in plain english ... :rolleyes:

"You are my sunshine, my only sunshine when clouds are grey ...."

IT WORKS ........................................... :eek:

muckshifter

Reaction score
I just done the same with my LS120 'floptical' drive ... AND copied some docs over to it.
don't know how to see what space there is, but it works to. :thumb:

oh I do like to be beside the seaside, oh I do like to by the sea ... diddly um dum dum :D

muckshifter

Reaction score
8 files ... 998.3kb left to use ... hehe, just right click in its location. :D

Reaction score
Have I missed something? What's all this about a floppy mount bug? Is it only in SuSE? I use Xandros 2.0 and if I need to use a floppy (hardly ever) then I just put it in the floppy drive and read or write to it, same as I used to with Windows.

muckshifter

Reaction score
NR117 said:
Have I missed something? What's all this about a floppy mount bug? Is it only in SuSE? I use Xandros 2.0 and if I need to use a floppy (hardly ever) then I just put it in the floppy drive and read or write to it, same as I used to with Windows.
Yep, there is, and confirmed by Novell ... they say it is a KDE 'problem' we just use LadyPcer's neat little fix. :D

Reaction score
I use KDE on Xandros, never had any trouble with the floppy. I'll make note of the fix for future reference, thankyou.

Ask a Question