Windows XP Motive Smartbridge

Reaction score
I am using a Dell Pc with Windows XP service pack three.
I have norton as my virus protector
I also have [font=&quot]. AdAware, Microsoft Defender
It is a stand alone computer, but using a wireless router

[/font]
[font=&quot]My problem is that Motive Smartbridge is now running in a loop.
It Downloading alertfilter.dll, installing, downloading psapi.dll and installing, and repeating this forever....

It is only doing this on one user account on the computer. Whenever I use another account, the problem does NOT exist.
I have used the search file feature , and found the following:

The following three files are being changed(updated) at the time I am using the computer using my account, but they are not changing on the system when I am using a different account on the computer
MOTIVESB.EXE-374FCAC4.PF located in folder C:\windows \prefetch 98 KB is size, type of file is PF

and MOTIVE~1.EXE-28AA2969.Pf [/font][font=&quot]located in folder C:\windows \prefetch 16 KB is size, type of file is PF

the name Motive directory found in C:\PROGRAMFILES\MOTIVE\ASSTCOMMOM\LOG is a text document of size 140KB and is being accessed at the exact same time.

These three files were last updated when I was trying my account on the computer, but are not being updated when that account is logged out of, and I am using another person's account on the same computer.
[/font][font=&quot]
How do I correct this?

thanks[/font][font=&quot]
Bill
[/font]

Ask a Question