MOST Users Ever Online!

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
600 seems to be the maximum comfortable limit, but I've made some changes and up to 800 seems ok.

Once it goes past that, its maxed out at 100% and a backlog starts to form. I'm going to sort it out in the next few weeks so its running nice and fast though - as its been playing up when the visitor count went up.

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
Better change it fast, i dont think its going to stop for a while :D

Reaction score
Ian Cunningham said:
Fingers crossed :D If the past two days are anything to go by we should be at 1000 in 2 days time! :eek:

do u think there is something sinister going on or are all these figures legitimate...........?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I've checked the logs and the vast majority are browsing the spyware database or newsgroups from google, thats why its jumped so much :) I just need to get them over to the forums ;)

Reaction score
Most users ever online was 931, 25-05-2005 at 04:24 PM.

we didnt get nearer 1000 in the last 2-3 days!:(

out of 931 how many were registered users?

i rekon probably 10 or maybe 11

Reaction score
its getting higher and higher!!!

Most users ever online was 1175, Today at 03:59 PM.
TODAY!!!

wow

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Avalanche said:
Ian did you fix the bandwidth problem you were having?

Av
Nope, I'm afraid not - the site doesn't seem too slow at the moment, but I'm going to make some changes on Sunday morning when its empty.

Reaction score
well on the topic of "most users online" this going to continue to be broken. When I do sites with big forums I use a host that has unmetered bandwidth. This a great thing to have and not pay for! They try to get you on bandwidth like mosts hosts, they get you with databases. But if you are only using 2 or 3 then you have nothing to worry about. Only thing I don't like about them is, they are Windows servers not Linux.

If you want more info let me know. :thumb:

Av

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Avalanche said:
well on the topic of "most users online" this going to continue to be broken. When I do sites with big forums I use a host that has unmetered bandwidth. This a great thing to have and not pay for! They try to get you on bandwidth like mosts hosts, they get you with databases. But if you are only using 2 or 3 then you have nothing to worry about. Only thing I don't like about them is, they are Windows servers not Linux.

If you want more info let me know. :thumb:

Av

Cheers for the info Av, I think it should be ok at the moment as the server has 2000GB of bandwidth :D It was at 500GB for the end of last month, so hopefully still some room for growth ;)

Reaction score
Avalanche said:
1299 today!

whats going on admin?

seriosuly are u sure nothing is malicious?

are u sitting there changin the figure every hour...?

lol

:)

good stuff its very encouraging

uve got adverts, decent forum things going down very well
even more ppl are finding out brilliant v happy for u:)

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
100% sure its all real :) The counter applies to all of the site pages, and the startup database is getting quite a popular resource.

In about a weeks time I'll be finished university, so there will be quite a few more articles on the way finally! I'm really please that the forum is growing, as I think there is a great community here :)

Reaction score
Most users ever online was 1446, Yesterday at 04:10 PM.

gosh at this rate pcr will hit 2000 before autumn approaches!!!

wow!!!

Cache-man

Wannabe Webmaster
Reaction score
Whoah!
I just can't believe all the people that are coming here now. It's fantastic! :)

Ask a Question