MOST Users Ever Online!

Reaction score
Cache-man said:
Here is the latest update for you all

Most users ever online was 215, Yesterday at 08:05 PM.
Cache-man, Adywebb, Alf, Belloni, bro7431, darkangel, Ian Cunningham, KGB-911

Well I'm not in that list, but have you noticed how the record was broken just after I came back to the forum?:D:):blush:

Reaction score
1nteger said:
Well I'm not in that list, but have you noticed how the record was broken just after I came back to the forum?:D:):blush:

where have u been?

i think i rmemeber u from a long time back!?
we both joined in the same month of the same year!

Reaction score
psd99 said:
where have u been?

i think i rmemeber u from a long time back!?
we both joined in the same month of the same year!

I've been time travelling. I am in fact the real Dr Who. I joined three weeks before and just after you did and thirty seconds later than I did, but only a fraction of a second after you and not a moment too soon. Thus, many people heard of the return of the prodigal son and immediately started checking out the site and so we have a new record for the online count.

...er...ok that bollix really:blush: I've been busy with other things m8. Don't u just hate it when real life gets in the way of cyber-time??? :D

Reaction score
1nteger THE REAL DR WHO!!!!! said:
I've been time travelling. I am in fact the real Dr Who. I joined three weeks before and just after you did and thirty seconds later than I did, but only a fraction of a second after you and not a moment too soon. Thus, many people heard of the return of the prodigal son and immediately started checking out the site and so we have a new record for the online count.

...er...ok that bollix really:blush: I've been busy with other things m8. Don't u just hate it when real life gets in the way of cyber-time??? :D

LOL

well it dont happen often here!

confused:? most definetly!

Reaction score
Most users ever online was 230, Today at 03:52 PM.

:)

do u think we could ever reach 500 or 1000?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
psd99 said:
do u think we could ever reach 500 or 1000?

The old site (3 months ago) was up to 480ish, so I think 500 is possible :)

Cache-man

Wannabe Webmaster
Reaction score
PCR has done it again

Most users ever online was 252, Yesterday at 07:54 PM.

I think 500 is quite easily possible, and 1000 ...hmm maybe - it'd certainly be an achievement for Ian and everyone else involved in creating/running PCR!

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I don't know whats happened but the online counter has SHOT up in the last hour - loads of visitors are pouring in from somewhere, but I can't tell where from until the stats update!

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
546 now! I don't know whats happening, but it must be good :D

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hmm... I take it back now... it looks like strange "crawler" with the IP : 205.209.134.60

I've banned it now as I dont know what its doing, its not google or any search engine thats for sure.

Reaction score
Most users ever online was 549, Today at 09:33 AM.

wow thats got to 500 allready

Admin I seem to notice that most of these ppl are GUESTS
from what i understand the guests can only read the forums but cant post

have u ever thought of prohibiting this?
so like guests can only read if they sign up?

ive seen this on other forums
what do u think is the good and bad point of this?

i think it will encourage more people to sign up

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
psd99 said:
ive seen this on other forums
what do u think is the good and bad point of this?

i think it will encourage more people to sign up

I thought about that, but if someone can't see what the forums are like they probably won't join. Most of the guests are reading articles etc... but that spike today looked a bit suspicious, I think it was some sort of malicious crawling software.

Reaction score
Ian Cunningham said:
I thought about that, but if someone can't see what the forums are like they probably won't join. Most of the guests are reading articles etc... but that spike today looked a bit suspicious, I think it was some sort of malicious crawling software.

yer abt the number today
some1 was prob reading this and thought they would UP THE NUMBER!!!!!
lol how crafty of them!

i rekon u shuld give it a go! for a week or so
and see if lots of ppl sign up, and see the effect it has on pcr!
i notice most ppl find this site by googling or using a seach engine to solve their problems!

Cache-man

Wannabe Webmaster
Reaction score
My personal view of having to register before being able to view is that I think it will have more of a negative effect.
Some users don't always want to registeer with sites, as most are just searching for help and reviews, and if they find they cant have EASY (ie. just a link click) access to the info they're looking for they'll simply go back to their Google search and look at the next match. I don't think this is the way tto go. You could restrict certain boards to members only, but I still don't think this would necesarrily be a good thing.
You need to work on other ways to entice registrations, once the user feels they like the look of the site.
Just my opinion anyway.

Ian: By the way, I had a influx of viewers on my own site this morning, at a similar time to your peak. Although my figures werent as high as yours, and my thoughts initially pointed towards some kind of crawler or bot. I will have to look into my stats later on.

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
An open forum makes it popular as well and if someone likes what is posted he/she will likely join. Forums which are restricted do not generate much activity, however, if a couple of sections are closed for members only it should not be a problem. Say exclusive area for members to communicate with each other.

Ask a Question