More zero-day attacks plague Microsoft users

Stephen Howe

Roger I have no control on where *your* replies go. I only control mine.

<sigh> Then your doing it very badly Imhotep.
Really, you cross-post to microsoft.public.internetexplorer.security,
microsoft.public.security, microsoft.public.security.homeusers,
microsoft.public.windowsxp.security_admin
And then have follow-ups set to microsoft.public.internetexplorer.security
How bone headed is that?????
Look, I am sorry if you feel there is some hidden agenda. There isn't any at
least on my side...

Does not look like it from here Imhotep.
Now, can we start posting information that actually helps people or
what???

Not until you conform to Basic Netiquette rules _FIRST_.
That applies to any message you post, regardless to content.
Ball is in your court Imhotep

Stephen Howe

Gerry Hickman

Hi Roger,
please cease setting follow-ups to be different from what you are doing when
you follow-up.

I agree about follow-ups, I also find it annoying!

imhotep

Stephen Howe said:
Ah Imhotep, another incorrect-followup post by you.

You have TRANGRESSED basic newsgroup Netiquette and therefore thrown away
your right to a reply on your subject. When will you learn to post
correctly?

Netiquette COMES FIRST, before subject matter.

Stephen Howe

Stephan,

Funny that my newsreader works without a problem. Could it be your
newsreader that is flawed. Most likely. So this is really your problem.

As far as `netiquette` this post *was* about something serious but certain
individuals redirected it to a discussion on news headers (when it in fact
is *their* news readers fault)...that my friend is real bad `netiquette`...

Imhotep

imhotep

Leythos said:
LOL, plonked by a Trolling little kid that abuses the reply system.

Grow up and learn how to properly reply instead of perverting the
message flow - you seem to be wanting to hijack message replies for some
reason.

Grow up and do some research. It is your newsreader that has been flawed all
along....hahahahaha

< PLONK >

By Leythos

imhotep

Stephen Howe said:
<sigh> Then your doing it very badly Imhotep.
Really, you cross-post to microsoft.public.internetexplorer.security,
microsoft.public.security, microsoft.public.security.homeusers,
microsoft.public.windowsxp.security_admin
And then have follow-ups set to microsoft.public.internetexplorer.security
How bone headed is that?????

Does not look like it from here Imhotep.

what???

Not until you conform to Basic Netiquette rules _FIRST_.
That applies to any message you post, regardless to content.
Ball is in your court Imhotep

Stephen Howe

Stephen, honestly, get a news reader that works and *you* won't have a
problem....

imhotep

Leythos said:
Actually, you set the default reply group for when people reply to your
messages. Most people don't do that, they just reply to all groups that
messages are posted to - you violate the norm in FORCING the reply to go
to a different group unless the poster changes it back to all groups it
was posted too.
Your message, the reply that you actually typed was posted to:
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.internetexplorer.security,
microsoft.public.security, microsoft.public.security.homeusers,
microsoft.public.windowsxp.security_admin

but YOU set the follow-up so that anyone making a reply would only post
to "Followup-To: microsoft.public.internetexplorer.security"

Incorrect. YOU have a choice on WHERE you send your posts....not me. You can
add/delete anything you wish within the "groups header". If you really
don't get that than you are helpless and I can not help you...

Leythos

Grow up and do some research. It is your newsreader that has been flawed all
along....hahahahaha

< PLONK >

By Leythos

LOL, it appears you are the only Troll posting like you do, and that
ONLY YOU seem to lack understanding, and that ONLY YOU are capable of
configuring a Usenet client properly.

Plonk - you've got to be kidding - you find out you're wrong and you
plonk the people that try and help you, you really are trolling.

imhotep

Leythos said:
LOL, it appears you are the only Troll posting like you do, and that
ONLY YOU seem to lack understanding, and that ONLY YOU are capable of
configuring a Usenet client properly.

Plonk - you've got to be kidding - you find out you're wrong and you
plonk the people that try and help you, you really are trolling.

At least my news client works...

Leythos

At least my news client works...

LOL - you make it hard for people to reply in the groups the message was
posted in, you make it harder for your target audience to interact, you
make use of flaws in OE so that the threads break..... You are acting
like a troll and are breaking the threads for your own benefit - not
acting like a group member, this is not email.

Have you asked yourself about all the people that see your message but
don't have access to all of the groups you see? Most people don't use
Microsoft Usenet servers, they see this from their own ISP's usenet
server and many don't carry the follow-up group you force replies too -
so your message is lost or they can't properly reply to you in the
source groups because of the way you screw with the thread path.

Stephen Howe

So, now that *we* have a full tummy of information, can we get back to the
serious issue of this highly critical security hole if not, bother someone
else as recess is done for the day.

NO WE CAN'T. You don't dictate the agenda of the newsgroup. We are not here
to dance to your tune.
Since you are behaving like a 5-year old child (have you noticed Imhotep how
_NO ONE_ other than yourself agrees with what you are saying? What a hoot.
What a meglomanic you are). We might get discuss security issues with you
once you fix your broken newsreader and behave.

But until you do, the only thing being discussed is the meta-topic issue of
why you are such a nuisance and don't fix your broken newsreader.

No topic discussions with 5-year old Imhotep.

Stephen Howe

imhotep

Leythos said:
LOL - you make it hard for people to reply in the groups the message was
posted in, you make it harder for your target audience to interact, you
make use of flaws in OE so that the threads break..... You are acting
like a troll and are breaking the threads for your own benefit - not
acting like a group member, this is not email.

Have you asked yourself about all the people that see your message but
don't have access to all of the groups you see? Most people don't use
Microsoft Usenet servers, they see this from their own ISP's usenet
server and many don't carry the follow-up group you force replies too -
so your message is lost or they can't properly reply to you in the
source groups because of the way you screw with the thread path.

LOL: You a meatball troll...

imhotep

Leythos said:
[snip]
LOL: You a meatball troll...

Which clearly fits the definition of why/how you are corrupting the
thread with improper follow-up methods.

Nope, you are just to lame to realize that your newsclient is *broken*...

Roger Abell [MVP]

imhotep said:
Leythos said:
[snip]
LOL: You a meatball troll...

Which clearly fits the definition of why/how you are corrupting the
thread with improper follow-up methods.

Nope, you are just to lame to realize that your newsclient is *broken*...

I can hardly believe this mutual rant is still going on !

It is not anyone's nntp client being broken.

It is just Im's self-centered usage of nntp features, and
it has been repeatedly displayed that there is no concern
as to whether that usage is inflicting discontent/difficultly
on people, as to whether that usage does - as it does -
act against Im's intent (if we presume that to be communication
in a meaningful/contiguous manner with those reading in the
selected/xpost groups), etc. etc.

Im has demonstrated the wish to do it this way because
he can, because it is of use to him. Im has had all the
issues explained repeatedly, but persists.
I call that self-centered and unconcerned for others.

imhotep

Roger said:
imhotep said:
Leythos said:
[snip]
LOL: You a meatball troll...

Which clearly fits the definition of why/how you are corrupting the
thread with improper follow-up methods.

Nope, you are just to lame to realize that your newsclient is *broken*...

I can hardly believe this mutual rant is still going on !

I started this thread about Microsoft giving a MVP title to a spyware
pusher. You are *still* trying to hijack the topic with *your* rant...
It is not anyone's nntp client being broken.

Then why do you still cry so?
It is just Im's self-centered usage of nntp features, and
it has been repeatedly displayed that there is no concern
as to whether that usage is inflicting discontent/difficultly
on people, as to whether that usage does - as it does -
act against Im's intent (if we presume that to be communication
in a meaningful/contiguous manner with those reading in the
selected/xpost groups), etc. etc.

The only examples of self centered acts is you *STILL* trying to hijack the
topic of this post. The only example of ignorance is *you* not
understanding the various headers and features available with newsclients
and the fear of learning how to use them...

Im

imhotep

Roger said:
imhotep said:
Leythos said:
[...]

PS: You set multiple newsgroups in your "Followup-to" header field. This is
NOT legal but you, being the bright guy you are, knew this, right?

Since your newsclient allows it, it IS NOT COMPLIANT!!! But *we* both knew
that too!!! By the way, my newsclient automatically fixed it for you...

Im