From: "=?Utf-8?B?YnVsY3g=?=" <[email protected]>
Subject: more than 10GB RAM ???
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2004 21:36:06 -0800
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.win2000.advanced_server

I'am runing a windwos 2000 Adv. Server, installed 12GB RAM, but the System just Shows 8GB

I would like useing it for an SQL Database, that is 5GB big, so I start the SQL Server with reserved RAM of 6GB

The server is not showing the missing 4GB RAM

do I need a spezial System-Boot config that more than 8GB can be used ?
---

Windows 2000 Advanced Server will only see 8GB RAM maximum. To see beyond 8GB RAM you would need Windows
2000 Datacenter, which will see 32GB RAM maximum.

See the web page below for more informtaion.

http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/serverfamily/default.asp

Bill Peele
Microsoft Enterprise Support

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Use of included script samples are subject to the
terms specified at http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm

Note: For the benefit of the community-at-large, all responses to this message are best directed to the newsgroup/thread
from which they originated.