More strange log files

Reaction score
well i have it set on modified - so a bunch of programs pop up on top so it gets modified out of no where? - the kb files all were "modified" and popped up on top - so i thought it were files that someone put there. ... is that normal?
and in a wmsetup i read it ;Setup commandlines are "C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player\setup_wm.exe" /SysTrayAndQuit.
Checking for new UDB. We 'will' force a connection.
*Downloading new UDB file.
GetUpdatedUDB: We 'will' force a connection.
DownloadFileFromURL: We 'will' force a connection.
Creating instance of CWMXDownload. We 'will' force a connection.

or replace files or delete files. also many KB- files popped up at some point. i dont know if this is vague but it seems like something is wrong.
on the windows updates they read - update not required and "Update is not allowed to download due to regulation."
setupapi has "C:\WINDOWS\SoftwareDistribution\Download\e7683b17d 4278f291be6f6084d0416e7\update\update.exe"
i have a spupdsvc

on a setuplog-
12/14/2001 12:30:55,d:\xpclient\base\ntsetup\syssetup\cmdline .c,228,,SETUP: SpSetupLoadParameter was unable to find runoobe.
12/14/2001 12:30:55,d:\xpclient\base\ntsetup\syssetup\cmdline .c,228,,SETUP: SpSetupLoadParameter was unable to find uniqueness.

uniqueness? runoobe?

also what does this mean; 12/14/2001 13:51:38,d:\xpclient\base\ntsetup\oobe\msobmain\ms obmain.cpp,2527,,DISPID_EXTERNAL_USERINFO
12/14/2001 13:51:38,d:\xpclient\base\ntsetup\oobe\msobmain\us erinfo.cpp,267,,C:\WINDOWS\System32\oobe\OOBEINFO. INI/UserInfo/Identity000=
12/14/2001 13:51:38,d:\xpclient\base\ntsetup\oobe\msobmain\us erinfo.cpp,267,,C:\WINDOWS\System32\oobe\OOBEINFO. INI/UserInfo/Identity001=

is it taking user info?

also TEMP and Prefeth folders pop up - now only TEMP pops up - and when i delete TEMP it says index.dat is being used by someone, is this normal? how is it in use?

oh and is there a sure way to tell if ive been hacked - if my files were messed around with, trojan or virus? these things are too blurry and esoteric for me to understand.

Reaction score
For the time being, download this install it and do a system scan and save the log file. Then copy and post the log file and I'm sure one of the other members will have a look and see if anything is unusual.

Have you got an anti-virus program running/firewall?

Ask a Question