More Rows/One Sheet vs More Sheets/Less Rows for best performance?

M

magmike

I have a Workbook where I currently keep a sheet for each zip code, and I keep sheets on about 20 zip codes. Each sheet has a few hundred listings and will still continue to grow in number of listings.

I have noticed the peformance of the workbook slowing down and hesitating, sometimes for large amounts of time. It gets worse the longer I keep the sheet open.

Which is best for performance, if I were to combine all the sheets into one sheet having more rows in one sheet, or keeping it spread out over multiple sheets?

thanks for your help,

magmike

D

Don Guillett

I have a Workbook where I currently keep a sheet for each zip code, and I keep sheets on about 20 zip codes. Each sheet has a few hundred listings and will still continue to grow in number of listings.

I have noticed the peformance of the workbook slowing down and hesitating, sometimes for large amounts of time. It gets worse the longer I keep the sheet open.

Which is best for performance, if I were to combine all the sheets into one sheet having more rows in one sheet, or keeping it spread out over multiple sheets?

thanks for your help,

magmike
In theory, it shouldn't make any difference but I'll bet you have too much formatting, etc.
I would suggest putting on ONE sheet and using data>filter>autofilter to look at each. Delete the unneeded sheets.

Ask a Question