More Blizzards part II

Reaction score
I used to like it when it snowed a bit, but this is getting silly.
Tried to get the car out today and got stuck & spent 1 hour digging it out before getting it back on the drive.
Cant do much in this weather & we could get it all over again by Wednesday/Thursday in the South East!
If i ever complain about not getting any snow will someone slap me a few times!!;)

Reaction score
Rush said:
Only if we can use a wet smelly kipper :)
Now, that sounds a bit kinky to me!

Just a normal slap with the hand round the face is enough Mr Rush!

Rush

Cool Cruncher
Reaction score
Suppose a clenched fist is out of the question then ??? :)

Reaction score
feckit said:
I used to like it when it snowed a bit, but this is getting silly.
Tried to get the car out today and got stuck & spent 1 hour digging it out before getting it back on the drive.
Cant do much in this weather & we could get it all over again by Wednesday/Thursday in the South East!
If i ever complain about not getting any snow will someone slap me a few times!!;)

A Pajero springs to mind;) :D Whoooosssshhhh>>>>

Reaction score
Got the car out today after digging the rest of the snow off the drive!
Managed to get the car onto the road but it was more like a stage of the RAC Rally!
Got a meeting tomorrow to go to, but a real biggy on Monday that i have to go to.
So hopefully anymore snow will not be that effective on stopping traveling by Monday!!

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Don't really matter much to me cos I got no work at the moment :(

I've always said I hated snow. And I do.

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Snow ! What snow ? Nice and sunny here today. Fish an chips were great too.

attachment.php

laughingsmiley.gif
laughingsmiley.gif
laughingsmiley.gif
laughingsmiley.gif
laughingsmiley.gif
laughingsmiley.gif
laughingsmiley.gif
laughingsmiley.gif
laughingsmiley.gif
laughingsmiley.gif
:p:D

Attachments

• 0.jpg
    0.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 107

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Just come round the M25 and it was p***ing down, got to the M11 turnoff and it turned to sleet then hit Junction 7 and hit hard snow, its snowing outside right now big flakes too..:nod:

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
It began to thaw here yesterday - although still quite a bit lying around in the gardens. It's snowing again now, so the tree branches are looking pretty again.

I agree with some of you, it's annoying when everything grinds to a halt. Did you see that bit on the News, about Local Authorities being "short of road-grit" now? Well duh... whatever happened to thinking ahead? There were enough snow warnings floating about, days before it happened.... Or am I just being too practical :rolleyes: :lol:

Rush

Cool Cruncher
Reaction score
Seems that the UK`s biggest salt factory Union Salt has only a few days left and that they have been working 24/7 since early January with demand outstripping supply. They say they will import 40,000 tons from its sister mine in Spain...

Reaction score
Seems it has a "sell by date" keep it for to long and it goes off!
With gritting going on 24 hours a day it will soon run out.

Only seen a snow-plough once on our main road, it was like an ice rink this morning!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Taffycat said:
It began to thaw here yesterday - although still quite a bit lying around in the gardens. It's snowing again now, so the tree branches are looking pretty again.

I agree with some of you, it's annoying when everything grinds to a halt. Did you see that bit on the News, about Local Authorities being "short of road-grit" now? Well duh... whatever happened to thinking ahead? There were enough snow warnings floating about, days before it happened.... Or am I just being too practical :rolleyes:
laughingsmiley.gif

Reminds me of a builder in Swansea during the 70s he was getting sand from the local beach:nod: The houses he built were well, a bit on the salty side all the rendering/pebble-dash came off a few years later. Whoops :wall: So why not use the beach sand. Oh forgot its the do-gooders they have stopped it happening, so`s to preserve our landscape which cant be a bad thing:)

Ask a Question