Moorhuhn 3D

Please, help me to deside the problem: after installation game - Moorhuhn 3D, this game could not

work properly, it starts running but after loading of the 1st picture game is interrupted and back

to the usual system window with desktop. No any error messages or something like that. I have

Presario 2700 laptop, with ATI Radeon mobility video card 32 Mb of video RAM, operation system

Windows XP home + SP1.

Jimmy S.

Hi Marinero,

If you have the Radeon Mobility 9000 card, try these new drivers:
http://www.techspot.com/drivers/index/file/information/1808
otherwise, you should contact Compaq and see if they have more
recent drivers available for your model laptop and graphics card.

--
Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

| Please, help me to deside the problem: after installation game - Moorhuhn 3D, this game could not
|
| work properly, it starts running but after loading of the 1st picture game is interrupted and back
|
| to the usual system window with desktop. No any error messages or something like that. I have
|
| Presario 2700 laptop, with ATI Radeon mobility video card 32 Mb of video RAM, operation system
|
| Windows XP home + SP1.

Marinero

No any result! :-(

As I know I should install only drivers from makers, such recomendations are
on the ATI site.
Inside my Laptop is ATI Mobility M6. Now I have installed the latest version
of driver wich is available on HP site.

Jimmy S. said:
Hi Marinero,

If you have the Radeon Mobility 9000 card, try these new drivers:
http://www.techspot.com/drivers/index/file/information/1808
otherwise, you should contact Compaq and see if they have more
recent drivers available for your model laptop and graphics card.

--
Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

| Please, help me to deside the problem: after installation game -
Moorhuhn 3D, this game could not

Jimmy S.

Hi Marinero,

That's unfortunate. Sorry to hear you still have troubles.

Which other games are you able to play on your system?
I'm wondering if the problem is actually the game, or your
video card / drivers that are causing you this problem.

--
Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

| No any result! :-(
|
| As I know I should install only drivers from makers, such recomendations are
| on the ATI site.
| Inside my Laptop is ATI Mobility M6. Now I have installed the latest version
| of driver wich is available on HP site.
|

| "Jimmy S." <Private> wrote in message
| | > Hi Marinero,
| >
| > If you have the Radeon Mobility 9000 card, try these new drivers:
| > http://www.techspot.com/drivers/index/file/information/1808
| > otherwise, you should contact Compaq and see if they have more
| > recent drivers available for your model laptop and graphics card.
| >
| > --
| > Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User
| > Jimmy S. http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
| >

| > Game FAQs: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=FH;[LN];gms
| > Visit my Zone.com / Gaming Helpsite: http://nibblesnbits.tk or Call /
| Contact
| > MS Support at: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=sz;en-us;top
| > My advice is donated "AS IS" without warranty; nor do I confer any
| rights.

| Moorhuhn 3D, this game could not
| > |
| > | work properly, it starts running but after loading of the 1st picture
| game is interrupted and back
| > |
| > | to the usual system window with desktop. No any error messages or
| something like that. I have
| > |
| > | Presario 2700 laptop, with ATI Radeon mobility video card 32 Mb of video
| RAM, operation system
| > |
| > | Windows XP home + SP1.

Marinero

I'm think that the problem is in the game,
but I could not compare, cause I usually don't play any serious games, I
mean the games wich could realy test my video. Now I'm using last version of
driver for video card announced on my laptop makers internet site.

Jimmy S. said:
Hi Marinero,

That's unfortunate. Sorry to hear you still have troubles.

Which other games are you able to play on your system?
I'm wondering if the problem is actually the game, or your
video card / drivers that are causing you this problem.

--
Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

| No any result! :-(
|
| As I know I should install only drivers from makers, such recomendations are
| on the ATI site.
| Inside my Laptop is ATI Mobility M6. Now I have installed the latest version
| of driver wich is available on HP site.
|

| "Jimmy S." <Private> wrote in message
| | > Hi Marinero,
| >
| > If you have the Radeon Mobility 9000 card, try these new drivers:
| > http://www.techspot.com/drivers/index/file/information/1808
| > otherwise, you should contact Compaq and see if they have more
| > recent drivers available for your model laptop and graphics card.
| >
| > --
| > Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User
| > Jimmy S. http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
| >

| > Game FAQs: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=FH;[LN];gms
| > Visit my Zone.com / Gaming Helpsite: http://nibblesnbits.tk or Call /
| Contact
| > MS Support at: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=sz;en-us;top
| > My advice is donated "AS IS" without warranty; nor do I confer any
| rights.

| Moorhuhn 3D, this game could not
| > |
| > | work properly, it starts running but after loading of the 1st picture
| game is interrupted and back
| > |
| > | to the usual system window with desktop. No any error messages or
| something like that. I have
| > |
| > | Presario 2700 laptop, with ATI Radeon mobility video card 32 Mb of video
| RAM, operation system
| > |
| > | Windows XP home + SP1.

Jimmy S.

Hi Marinero,

One way to see if your video is working properly is to test it. :)
Lets run a diagnostic of your system to see if we can pinpoint a problem.

In order to Create a dxdiag.txt file: Click Start / Run / type: DXDIAG
Click the "Test" buttons in the Display, Sound, Music & Network Tabs;
Afterwards click the "Save All Information..." button in the bottom row.

To post the DX diagnostic information, open the file in notepad, click Edit
/ Select All / Copy and then Paste the data into your post using Ctrl+V. If
you use Outlook Express Click Insert / File Attachment. I hope this helps!

--
Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

| I'm think that the problem is in the game,
| but I could not compare, cause I usually don't play any serious games, I
| mean the games wich could realy test my video. Now I'm using last version of
| driver for video card announced on my laptop makers internet site.
|

| "Jimmy S." <Private> wrote in message
| | > Hi Marinero,
| >
| > That's unfortunate. Sorry to hear you still have troubles.
| >
| > Which other games are you able to play on your system?
| > I'm wondering if the problem is actually the game, or your
| > video card / drivers that are causing you this problem.
| >
| > --
| > Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User
| > Jimmy S. http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
| >

| > Game FAQs: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=FH;[LN];gms
| > Visit my Zone.com / Gaming Helpsite: http://nibblesnbits.tk or Call /
| Contact
| > MS Support at: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=sz;en-us;top
| > My advice is donated "AS IS" without warranty; nor do I confer any
| rights.

| > |
| > | As I know I should install only drivers from makers, such recomendations
| are
| > | on the ATI site.
| > | Inside my Laptop is ATI Mobility M6. Now I have installed the latest
| version
| > | of driver wich is available on HP site.
| > |
| > |
| > |

| http://mvp.support.microsoft.com

| > | Contact
| http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=sz;en-us;top
| > | rights.

| > | Moorhuhn 3D, this game could not
| > | > |
| picture
| > | game is interrupted and back
| > | > |
| > | something like that. I have
| > | > |
| video
| > | RAM, operation system
| > | > |

| > |
| > |

Jimmy S.

Hi Marinero,

Thanks for the DX Diagnostic. I looked at the following information:

------------
DxDiag Notes
------------
DirectX Files Tab: No problems found.
Display Tab 1: No problems found. Direct3D 7 test results: All tests were successful. Direct3D 8 test results: All tests were
successful. Direct3D 9 test results: All tests were successful.
Sound Tab 1: DirectSound test results: All tests were successful.
Music Tab: DirectMusic test results: All tests were successful.
Input Tab: No problems found.
Network Tab: No problems found. DirectPlay test results: All tests were successful.

Your video is working properly according to those tests. Now on to the driver version:

---------------
Display Devices
---------------
Card name: Mobility Radeon
Manufacturer: ATI Technologies Inc.
Chip type: M6 (LY)
DAC type: Internal DAC (350Mhz)
Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_4C59&SUBSYS_B11B0E11&REV_00
Display Memory: 32.0 MB
Current Mode: 1024 x 768 (32 bit) (60Hz)
Monitor: Default Monitor
Monitor Max Res:
Driver Name: ati2dvag.dll
Driver Version: 6.13.3272.0000 (English)
DDI Version: 8
Driver Attributes: Final Retail
Driver Date/Size: 9/24/2001 23:14:50, 223392 bytes
WHQL Logo'd: Yes

If you are able to play other games except this one, then I would just call it a wash
personally, however you can always set a restore point, and try drivers from ATI's
site www.ati.com, or ask your laptop support for a driver which is more recent.

ATI updates their drivers several times a year whereas your driver is 2 1/2 years old.

--
Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

| Hi, Jimmy!
| Please find attached file with DxDiag Results.
|
| BRGDS
| Marinero.
|

| "Jimmy S." <Private> wrote in message
| | > Hi Marinero,
| >
| > One way to see if your video is working properly is to test it. :)
| > Lets run a diagnostic of your system to see if we can pinpoint a problem.
| >
| > In order to Create a dxdiag.txt file: Click Start / Run / type: DXDIAG
| > Click the "Test" buttons in the Display, Sound, Music & Network Tabs;
| > Afterwards click the "Save All Information..." button in the bottom row.
| >
| > To post the DX diagnostic information, open the file in notepad, click
| Edit
| > / Select All / Copy and then Paste the data into your post using Ctrl+V.
| If
| > you use Outlook Express Click Insert / File Attachment. I hope this helps!
| >
| > --
| > Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User
| > Jimmy S. http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
| >

| > Game FAQs: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=FH;[LN];gms
| > Visit my Zone.com / Gaming Helpsite: http://nibblesnbits.tk or Call /
| Contact
| > MS Support at: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=sz;en-us;top
| > My advice is donated "AS IS" without warranty; nor do I confer any
| rights.

| > | but I could not compare, cause I usually don't play any serious games, I
| > | mean the games wich could realy test my video. Now I'm using last
| version of
| > | driver for video card announced on my laptop makers internet site.
| > |
| > |

| http://mvp.support.microsoft.com

| > | Contact
| http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=sz;en-us;top
| > | rights.

| > | > |
| recomendations
| > | are
| > | version
| > | > |
| > | > |
| > | > |

| User
| > | http://mvp.support.microsoft.com

| http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=FH;[LN];gms
| Call /
| > | http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=sz;en-us;top
| any

| > | > | > |
| > | picture
| > | > | > |
| or
| > | > | > |
| of
| > | video
| > | > | > |

| > | > |
| > | > |

| > |
| > |

Marinero

Hi, Jimmy

I have installed latest version of video driver wich is available on HP site
for my Laptop. This driver is dated 14/03/2002 unfortunately there is no any
newer versions. After installation of this one no any changes, the ame is
trying to start loading first screen with picture of the bird & with the gun
after that the game stopes and back to the Windows Desktop. If you need I
could send you nee DX DIAG, but in this report everything OK. I don't know
how to connect with the maker of the game via their web site, because their
site is in German and I don't speak German.
Thank you for your replies and for attention to my problem.

BRGDS
Marinero.

Jimmy S. said:
Hi Marinero,

Thanks for the DX Diagnostic. I looked at the following information:
were successful. Direct3D 8 test results: All tests were

Jimmy S.

Hi Marinero,

Please try the 15 Video Troubleshooting steps at:
http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits/Video.html#drivers

Try the latest ATI all purpose drivers after you set
a restore point. It's possible that they may correct
the issue, even though they're not from hp. (ati.com)

Contact HP to see if they're aware of any issues
with that game and your model laptop / video card.

I wish you good luck and lots of patience Marinero. :)