Welcome to ChicagoTech Forum
From: Robert Lin
Date: 03 Aug 2003
Time: 08:56:41 -0500
Remote Name: 12.249.221.109

Comments
To offer our visitors more free tech support options, we are in the process
of building forums. Could you please help us by making donations, sharing
your knowledge and skills, or any other way you think will help to improve
the free support web site?

Thank you!

Jim Buyens

Date: 03 Aug 2003
Time: 08:56:41 -0500
Remote Name: 12.249.221.109

Comments
To offer our visitors more free tech support options, we
are in the process of building forums. Could you please
help us by making donations, sharing your knowledge and
skills, or any other way you think will help to improve
the free support web site?

Open the <discussion>_post.htm file for your discussion,
then right-click the form area and choose properties.
Finally, click the Options button.

If you find that you can get what you want via the
resulting dialog box, go for it. Otherwise, you'll need
to find or write a different discussion program.

Jim Buyens
Microsoft FrontPage MVP
(e-mail address removed)
http://www.interlacken.com
Author of:
|\----------------------------------------------------/|
|| Microsoft Office FrontPage 2003 Inside Out ||
|| Microsoft FrontPage Version 2002 Inside Out ||
|| Web Database Development Step by Step .NET Edition ||
|| Troubleshooting Microsoft FrontPage 2002 ||
|| Faster Smarter Beginning Programming ||
|| (All from Microsoft Press) ||
|/----------------------------------------------------\|

Jim Buyens

bob lin said:
Jim,

Thank you for the help. Following your instruction, I opened posted Form
properties. Time, User Name and Remote Name are uncheck. Only Date is
checked. Why?

Apparently, those are the settings you specified when you created or
later modified the discussion.

Jim Buyens
Microsoft FrontPage MVP
(e-mail address removed)
http://www.interlacken.com
Author of:
|\----------------------------------------------------/|
|| Microsoft Office FrontPage 2003 Inside Out ||
|| Microsoft FrontPage Version 2002 Inside Out ||
|| Web Database Development Step by Step .NET Edition ||
|| Troubleshooting Microsoft FrontPage 2002 ||
|| Faster Smarter Beginning Programming ||
|| (All from Microsoft Press) ||
|/----------------------------------------------------\|

Bob Lin

But the problem is that I don't want to Remote Name show up and it is
unchecked. How can I make the Remote name don't show up?

Robert Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
Windows & Network Support, Tips and FAQs on
http://www25.brinkster.com/ChicagoTech

Thomas A. Rowe

Bob,

Any changes you make will not effect prior postings. You have to open the
live site directly in FP, and make your changes and then edit the results
page to remove the items from prior postings.

WEBMASTER Resources(tm)

FrontPage Resources, Forums, WebCircle,
MS KB Quick Links, etc.

Thomas A. Rowe

Bob,

With the web open in FP, open disc1_post.htm, switch to HTML View in the
grey webbot code, delete time, user name and remote name, just leaving the
date, should provide you with the solution.

WEBMASTER Resources(tm)

FrontPage Resources, Forums, WebCircle,
MS KB Quick Links, etc.

Thomas A. Rowe