Modify SQL 2005 table from Access 2007


TJ Dowling

I need to modify a SQL 2005 table by adding a new field. Is there a tool
that I can do that from Access 2007?

I use Access 2007 as the front-end with ODBC links to SQL 2005 tables. It
would be easier for me if I could just modify the table structure from Access.


Tom van Stiphout

On Wed, 10 Dec 2008 16:11:01 -0800, TJ Dowling

The easiest way is if you have an Access ADP. Then you can do this in
a table designer.
With an MDB, you may need to issue an ALTER TABLE statement in a
passthrough query.

Microsoft Access MVP

Ask a Question

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments. After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.

Ask a Question