Access 2003 - SQL 2005

Reaction score
I have a strange issue and I am not sure where to find a solution. Anyone with any ideas on this, please let me know!

We are changing accounting systems. The new system in SAP Business One and it is running on SQL 2005. I have created several user defined fields (UDF’s) in the SAP software. I can view these UDF’s in SQL Server Management Studio. I open the table and they are listed. I want to easily add data to these new UDF’s. In the past, I was able to use Access 2003 and an ODBC connection to SQL 2000. Any UDF’s would be listed with the other variables in the table. With SQL 2005, I can see all of the fields in the table EXCEPT for the UDF’s that I have created. Again, I can see them in SQL Sever Management Studio, and I can even query then with Crystal Reports (using the SQL ODBC connection) but they are not visible when I try to link the table in Access. I know I have the correct database and table names so it is not an ID-10-T issue. I tried it with Access 2007 and still have the issue.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Reaction score
To make it even more strange. I am able to add a table to the SQL 2005 database and it appears in Access!! Someone please explain all of this to me.

Ask a Question