Modify right click context menus?

FACE

Windows XP

Concerning Right click context menu for: Desktop Icons and any file in "my
Computer" drive contents display.

How does one modify the clickable context entries of those right click
menus?

Thanks,

FACE

BillyBob

FACE said:
Windows XP

Concerning Right click context menu for: Desktop Icons and any file in "my
Computer" drive contents display.

How does one modify the clickable context entries of those right click
menus?

Thanks,

FACE

What have you tried from the results of the Google search you ran before
posting here ?

Don't tell me, you didn't even attempt to find an answer to your problem
yourself. I guess being spoon fed is easier.

Let me help you: http://www.lmgtfy.com/?q=editing+right+click+menu

BB

FACE

On Sun, 28 Nov 2010 11:36:06 -0600, in
What have you tried from the results of the Google search you ran before
posting here ?

Don't tell me, you didn't even attempt to find an answer to your problem
yourself. I guess being spoon fed is easier.

Let me help you: http://www.lmgtfy.com/?q=editing+right+click+menu

BB

Your question doesn't even deserve an answer from the way you phrased the
rest of the reply but the http://www.lmgtfy.com/ site is pretty nice. ;-)

BillyBob

FACE said:
On Sun, 28 Nov 2010 11:36:06 -0600, in

Your question doesn't even deserve an answer from the way you phrased the
rest of the reply but the http://www.lmgtfy.com/ site is pretty nice. ;-)

Actually, I wasn't expecting an answer. The question was rhetorical because
it was obvious that you hadn't even made an attempt at self-directed
learning. Hopefully, you have a better understanding now (from the Google
search parody) that the internet is replete with information you may not
have expected to be there. By using it, you can obtain information without
awaiting a response to a question.

Cheers,
BB

FACE

On Sun, 28 Nov 2010 15:09:54 -0600, in
Actually, I wasn't expecting an answer. The question was rhetorical because
it was obvious that you hadn't even made an attempt at self-directed
learning. Hopefully, you have a better understanding now (from the Google
search parody) that the internet is replete with information you may not
have expected to be there. By using it, you can obtain information without
awaiting a response to a question.

Cheers,
BB

Actually, you are wrong.
But I doubt you'll let that make you feel less clever. The query of
http://www.google.com/search?q=cont...s=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a
did not yield the information desired which was how to do it without using
regedit.

BillyBob

Hot-Text said:
Mr. Bob of Billie's
Just give the Info that OP ASK FOR!

First of all, blow it out your ass. You have the mind of a houseplant and
the mentality of a stepped on potato chip.

Secondly, I directed the OP to ALL the information that he asked for.
And you Billy Boy Google World and you have 99.97% lies!
But Bing it and you have The Microsoft Info at you Hands!

http://www.bing.com/?bingo is his name O

What are you a Microsoft employee paid to push Bing? Actually, Microsoft
only hires people with an IQ over 50.

Lastly, I have been meaning to comment about your English, Hot-Text. In a
former thread you stated (and I quote), "U.S.A. English is my first
Language, The World English is my second language just like it is to your!"
If US English is your first language, then 3rd grade english must have been
the hardest five years of your life because it can use some serious
improvement. Two days ago, you replied to a response of mine with the
comment (again I quote) "Google is no friend to help it like good out for it
self!" Whatever the f_ck that means?

dadiOH

FACE said:
Windows XP

Concerning Right click context menu for: Desktop Icons and any file
in "my Computer" drive contents display.

How does one modify the clickable context entries of those right click
menus?

You said elsewhere that you didn't want to edit the registry. That is the
only way to do it. If some program has added something and gives you the
option to remove it, it will do the registry editing. If that is not your
problem, you will have to use a third party app to do it. Here are three
that may be useful...

MMM lets you get rid of entries by hiding them. Simple to use.
http://www.hace.us-inc.com/mmm.shtml

ContextEdit lets you modify/add/delete shell commands and disable context
menu handlers. It has a good help file.
http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/OS-Enhancements/ContextEdit.shtml

FastExplorer is a gem, lets you make your own context menus. No help file
so read everything at the site. Some info and examples in my dandies, see
sig.
http://thesoftpro.tripod.com/downloads/fe/index.htm

--

dadiOH
____________________________

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...

Hot-Text

wrote in message

BillyBob said:
First of all, blow it out your ass. You have the mind of a houseplant and
the mentality of a stepped on potato chip.

This is U.S.A Street English, My Little Bitch ass hoe you!

But maybe You All do not Know U.S.A English
like we all do here in the South!
Secondly, I directed the OP to ALL the information that he asked for.

What are you a Microsoft employee paid to push Bing? Actually, Microsoft
only hires people with an IQ over 50.

This is microsoft.public.windowsxp.general right so here do the MSN and BING
IT!
But here I send you too 24hoursupport.helpdesk so you can Google away Billy
Boy!
Lastly, I have been meaning to comment about your English, Hot-Text. In a
former thread you stated (and I quote), "U.S.A. English is my first
Language, The World English is my second language just like it is to
your!" If US English is your first language, then 3rd grade english must
have been

No more like 17 grades of the English language
the hardest five years of your life because it can use some serious
improvement. Two days ago, you replied to a response of mine with the
comment (again I quote) "Google is no friend to help it like good out for
it self!" Whatever the f_ck that means?

Google,
is no friend,
to help it like,
good,
out for it self!

See it means just That,
Maybe you can not Read the English language!

thanatoid

Windows XP

Concerning Right click context menu for: Desktop Icons and
any file in "my Computer" drive contents display.

How does one modify the clickable context entries of those
right click menus?

Thanks,

You do not specify WHAT you want to modify, but here's a site
that might help you get started.

http://www.moonsoftware.com
"Shell tools" is something you might like.

And
http://www.moonsoftware.com/files/legacy

Has "file targets" which I find /essential/.

There are MANY similar UI tweak programs, but I can't offhand
think of anything else. I have set up my systems years ago and I
just can't remember stuff anymore.

Here is a Google page with MANY links you might find useful:
http://www.google.com/search?q=modify+right-
click+menu&hl=en&ie=ISO-8859-1

Many problems with right-clicking are caused by the fact Windows
Explorer is a REALLY LOUSY file manager, not even deserving of
the name.

I highly recommend you try the program from www.ghisler.com. It
may require some brain adjustment, but what it is capable of
doing with one or two key presses eliminates the need for 95% of
the right-clicking you are FORCED to do in WE thanks to the
idiots who designed Windows.

Hot-Text

Shell Tools <hmm I see it work with 2000 too cool I'll give it a try on it!

Thanatoid you always come up with so new Tool!

I give you a 100% right on for that Info!

Tim Meddick

Simple enough answer;

Go to "Control Panel" > "Folder Options" > "File Types" (tab)

....and under the file-type who's right-click menu you want to modify / add
to (such as the [.ICO] file-type ), click on the "Advanced" button and
either "Edit" an existing entry or add a "New" entry.

But, for the ALL-FILES entry, you have to look in the registry itself under
the key :

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*

....that's the very first sub-key under the home-key: HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT
simply called * (asterisk - stands for all /any file extensions)

The sub-keys and values you want to emulate are under the sub-key called
"Shell"

If you copy and paste the following into a plain text-file and then re-name
it giving it a *.reg extension - and double-click to import it. Then you
can go into the key

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shell

....and examine and edit as you like the resulting entries that have the
result of adding "Edit with Notepad" to the all-files right-click menu.

REGEDIT4
; The first entry adds what will show on the right-click menu.
[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shell\edit]
@="&Edit with Notepad"
; The second entry defines what happens when the item is chosen.
[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shell\edit\command]
@="C:\\WINDOWS\\system32\\notepad.exe \"%1\""

==

Cheers, Tim Meddick, Peckham, London. :)

Hot-Text

Sunny Say: Everyone seems to have trouble "reading and understanding" your
strange brand of "English Language"

So you need to Wright my Navdove English Language if you are going ark like
Hot-Text

you Wentofbe

We're including results for went of be.
Do you want results only for Wentofbe?