Mobiles get anti-virus protection

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
More to worry about! :(

As if the Computer Virus was not enough, now comes mobile virus.

Anti-virus software for mobile phones is going on sale in the High Street.
Finnish security firm F-Secure has created the security program in reaction to the growing number of viruses that infect handsets.

Outbreaks of these viruses that hop from phone to phone have been recorded at a Live8 concert and at the World Championships in Helsinki.

Many security experts believe that phone bugs will eventually become as big a nuisance as Windows viruses.

Source: BBC News

Attachments

• _40755368_mobviru-fsecure203.jpg
    _40755368_mobviru-fsecure203.jpg
    9.9 KB · Views: 347

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Most of the mobile phone viruses target handsets that use the Symbian operating system. Infection can be avoided by turning off Bluetooth on smart phones. Mr Hales said that currently only about 10% of handsets were so-called smartphones that can fall victim to these viruses. However, he said, the numbers of smartphones was going to inevitably rise making more and more people vulnerable to infection.

My phone is smart ... it keeps turning off for a kip. :D

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
what phones actually use the symbian OS ? also the phones are only as smart as the people operating them

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
Smart Phones are the ones which have the PIM functions as well as Phone functions incorporated in a single device. Many phones now are full fledged PDA's as well with wifi, bluetooth, GPRS all bundled together.

Here is a link which should clear things up for those who wish to know more about Smart Phones

The link also lists all phones using Symbian OS, you just need to scroll down on the link provided.

:)

Ask a Question