Mobile Phone Problems

Reaction score
Alrite guys,

In december i got a a contract phone with Vodafone, i got the Motorla V3. It was a bad mistake. The phone is very slow when writing long texts, parts are very lose and the screen is covered in dust which i cant get rid of as it is under the cover.

So i was wondering what, if any, rights i have to get it replaced nd if there is any advice you could give me to help.

Thanks

chelseafc2005

Crunchtastic
Reaction score
i would call up vodafone or bring the fone back to the store where you bought it (if you didnt buy it online) But since you only got the phone a couple of months ago i would definately think that they would replace it but only with the same phone you currently have not a new model

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I haven't got a clue what your legal position is as the phone isn't exactly faulty is it? It still works.

Try and read your way through the terms of your contract, there may be something in there to your favour.

I think your best bet is to take it to a Vodaphone shop, stay calm and polite and explain your problem to one of the sales people and see how it goes from there.

Remember, the phone itself isn't the thing they're trying to sell, it's the one year contract.

And your biggest mistake was getting a Motorola, Samsung & Nokia rool ;)

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
You should be able to get the screen cleaned for free I think - I know nokia will do this at service centres. Worth ringing and finding out :)

Reaction score
they will send your handset off to be refurbished or something and tell you they will have it back to you in around 3 months or so... i bet.

RufusW

King Cruncher
Reaction score
I work pt at Carphone Warehouse,

we offer a 28 exchange on contracts, it might be the same with vodaphone, you won't be allowed to return it but should be able to exchange the handset - always go nokia :)

If vodaphone is unwilling to do anything about it then u could get it repaired by CPW for free (as long as you bring proofs of purchase with you). It's takes about 2 weeks and you could get a stand-by phone for a £50 deposit if you needed one.

It is also possible to find a Carphone store where repairs are done in store - places like bristol, london, bigger outlet stores. They should be ablke to clear the dust - but not fix the keys - for free.

I know I work there 'n'all but if you're buying off the highstreet carphone really is your best bet...

Rufus

Ask a Question