mixing chart types

G

I want to create a new blended chart with our bars and a line (all using the same labels and periods). I am aware that Excel has a custom line and column chart, however I want to produce a chart with four bar graphs and a single line (a reference set of data that is not a trend line --i.e., not an average etc), but the line looks like one. I can "force" the current custom chart to produce what I want only by caputuring "blank series" of data; but then these show up on my key and I do not want that. How do I create a custom chart that mixes lines and graphs the way I want
Dawn

T

Tushar Mehta

Create a chart of a single type, say a column chart. Then, click the
series you want as a line chart and select Chart | Chart Type... | set
the appropriate line chart + subtype. Repeat for each column that you
want as a line.

--
Regards,

Tushar Mehta, MS MVP -- Excel
www.tushar-mehta.com
Excel, PowerPoint, and VBA add-ins, tutorials
Custom MS Office productivity solutions

I want to create a new blended chart with our bars and a line (all using the same labels and periods). I am aware that Excel has a custom line and column chart, however I want to produce a chart with four bar graphs and a single line (a reference set of data that is not a trend line --i.e., not an average etc), but the line looks like one. I can "force" the current custom chart to produce what I want only by
caputuring "blank series" of data; but then these show up on my key and I do not want that. How do I create a custom chart that mixes lines and graphs the way I want?

Ask a Question