Mixed up e-mail bodies and headers

Koval

I created a new folder in Outlook 2003 on Win XP and moved some old e-
mails from inbox to this folder. Then I decided to create subfolders
in this folder for every month and moved e-mails into them. After
that, all e-mails have mixed up headers and bodies, i.e a body of e-
mail from 2 weeks ago has a header of e-mail from yesterday. Seems
like headers and bodies have been combined completely randomly in this
subfolder. All other folders and inbox seem to be ok.
Is there anything I can do to synchronize the old e-mails?

Ta

Brian Tillman

Koval said:
I created a new folder in Outlook 2003 on Win XP and moved some old e-
mails from inbox to this folder. Then I decided to create subfolders
in this folder for every month and moved e-mails into them. After
that, all e-mails have mixed up headers and bodies, i.e a body of e-
mail from 2 weeks ago has a header of e-mail from yesterday. Seems
like headers and bodies have been combined completely randomly in this
subfolder. All other folders and inbox seem to be ok.
Is there anything I can do to synchronize the old e-mails?

Take a screen shot and post it to one of the many free image posting
services. Then post the URL to your screen shot here so we can see what you
see. I don't see how what you describe it possible.

VanguardLH

in message
Take a screen shot and post it to one of the many free image posting
services. Then post the URL to your screen shot here so we can see
what you see. I don't see how what you describe it possible.

I agree with Brian. There is no separation between headers and the
body. In fact, the e-mail is just one message and "headers" and
"body" are *our* way of delineating different sections within the same
message, just like attachments are not some detached object but a MIME
part within the body of the message. I don't see how you could be
looking at any message body section that is separate of its message
header section. However, Outlook doesn't keep the e-mail in its raw
state as does Outlook Express. Once Outlook gets an e-mail and adds
records for it in its database for its message store, it is no longer
in its raw state (i.e., how it was delivered to your mailbox).

When you select a message and use View -> Options to look at the
headers, do those headers look like the ones that belong with the body
of that message. Again, you are just looking at different sections of
the SAME message. For to happen what you describe, you could not just
move the items between folders. You would need a program to slice
apart the message to separate its sections (headers and body).

Koval

There is no need to send a screenshot, as the e-mails in the folder
look perfectly normal and unless you know that certain e-mail was not
sent by certain sender you will not notice that there is anything
wrong. Below is an example: header belongs to an e-mail from 14.03,
while body is from e-mail sent on 3.03 (the second header is part of
the e-mail's body as it is a reply). It's like that only in this
folder and it happened when I moved all these messages here from its
parent folder. It does look like Outlook keeps records of headers and
bodies separate in its database and they are unsynchronized.