Missing shared borders on several remote pages

Mark Hammer

I messed up my index page so I deleted it from my local copy, and copied in
the index page from a backup copy.

Shared borders work OK on local copy but are missing on several pages on the
remote copy.

Using FP2003. What's happening here?

Clue: even after publishing local --> remote, and synchronizing, I still
have some blue arrows in my file list for both local and remote files. Why
is that?

www.RetreatTracker.com, currently screwed up.

TIA,

Mark Hammer
Lake Oswego, Oregon

Stefan B Rusynko

Make sure in View navigation the home page (index.html) has the home icon in it and all other pages appear under it then run a Tools
Recalculate Hyperlinks

--

| I messed up my index page so I deleted it from my local copy, and copied in
| the index page from a backup copy.
|
| Shared borders work OK on local copy but are missing on several pages on the
| remote copy.
|
| Using FP2003. What's happening here?
|
| Clue: even after publishing local --> remote, and synchronizing, I still
| have some blue arrows in my file list for both local and remote files. Why
| is that?
|
| www.RetreatTracker.com, currently screwed up.
|
| TIA,
|
| Mark Hammer
| Lake Oswego, Oregon

?

=?Windows-1252?Q?Rob_Giordano_\=28aka:_Crash_Gordo

Did you Re-Publish after you ran Recalculate Hyperlinks?

| OK, did that, and I still have the same problem.
|

| | > Make sure in View navigation the home page (index.html) has the home icon
| > in it and all other pages appear under it then run a Tools
| > Recalculate Hyperlinks
| >
| > --
| >
| > _____________________________________________
| > SBR @ ENJOY (-: [ Microsoft MVP - FrontPage ]
| > "Warning - Using the F1 Key will not break anything!" (-;
| > To find the best Newsgroup for FrontPage support see:
| > http://www.net-sites.com/sitebuilder/newsgroups.asp
| > _____________________________________________

| > in
| > | the index page from a backup copy.
| > |
| > | Shared borders work OK on local copy but are missing on several pages on
| > the
| > | remote copy.
| > |
| > | Using FP2003. What's happening here?
| > |
| > | Clue: even after publishing local --> remote, and synchronizing, I still
| > | have some blue arrows in my file list for both local and remote files.
| > Why
| > | is that?
| > |
| > | www.RetreatTracker.com, currently screwed up.
| > |
| > | TIA,
| > |
| > | Mark Hammer
| > | Lake Oswego, Oregon
| > |
| > |
| > |

Mark Hammer

Yes thanks, and I just repeated that again, to be sure. Same result.

"Rob Giordano (aka: Crash Gordon®)" <[email protected]>
wrote in message Did you Re-Publish after you ran Recalculate Hyperlinks?

| OK, did that, and I still have the same problem.
|

| | > Make sure in View navigation the home page (index.html) has the home
icon
| > in it and all other pages appear under it then run a Tools
| > Recalculate Hyperlinks

Mark Hammer

Perhaps I should re-publish the whole thing from scratch?

I recall a setting from an earlier version of FP where you designate whether
to overwrite each file in the remote site. Don't find that now. Assuming I
should do it, what's the best way to delete existing remote web and publish
again from scratch?

TIA,

--Mark Hammer

"Rob Giordano (aka: Crash Gordon®)" <[email protected]>
wrote in message Did you Re-Publish after you ran Recalculate Hyperlinks?

| OK, did that, and I still have the same problem.

?

=?Windows-1252?Q?Rob_Giordano_\=28aka:_Crash_Gordo

You could do that... or try going on line live with FP and do a Recalculate Hyperlinks there...sometimes that works.

The Publish all is in the publish box under Options or under Tools | Options |Publish. Yah you should do this too...do anything that makes sense.

| Perhaps I should re-publish the whole thing from scratch?
|
| I recall a setting from an earlier version of FP where you designate whether
| to overwrite each file in the remote site. Don't find that now. Assuming I
| should do it, what's the best way to delete existing remote web and publish
| again from scratch?
|
| TIA,
|
| --Mark Hammer
|

| "Rob Giordano (aka: Crash Gordon®)" <[email protected]>
| wrote in message | Did you Re-Publish after you ran Recalculate Hyperlinks?
|

| | | OK, did that, and I still have the same problem.
| |

Mark Hammer

Bingo! Going live and Recalculating Hyperlinks did it!

Thanks all,

--Mark Hammer

wrote in message You could do that... or try going on line live with FP and do a Recalculate
Hyperlinks there...sometimes that works.

The Publish all is in the publish box under Options or under Tools | Options
|Publish. Yah you should do this too...do anything that makes sense.

?

=?Windows-1252?Q?Rob_Giordano_\=28aka:_Crash_Gordo

TA DA !!
:)