Missing GPO, Empty Policy Page (No Domain Controler Found)

When I open up my users and computers and right click on any of my OU,I'll go
to the properities.
When I click on the Group policy page, I get the following message.
"The Domain controller for Group Policy operations is no available" It says
that I have choices of THe PDC emulator, AD Snap-in, any available DC.

Any option that I take I get the same message" Failed to find a DC. Details:
The network path was not found."

The machine the I'm logged on is the DC. It shows up in the Site & Services
as a DC.

How do I get my GPO's back.

Ace Fekay [MVP]

In
The Rev said:
When I open up my users and computers and right click on any of my
OU,I'll go to the properities.
When I click on the Group policy page, I get the following message.
"The Domain controller for Group Policy operations is no available"
It says that I have choices of THe PDC emulator, AD Snap-in, any
available DC.

Any option that I take I get the same message" Failed to find a DC.
Details: The network path was not found."

The machine the I'm logged on is the DC. It shows up in the Site &
Services as a DC.

How do I get my GPO's back.

It's trying to find the DC that holds the PDC Emulator Role. Usually
(usually), this is one of the classic issues that occurs due to not using
the internal DNS server or mixing internal DNS servers and your ISP's DNS
servers in IP properties. Just to remind you, and apologize if not the case,
that ALL domain machines (DCs, clients, etc), must ONLY use the internal DNS
server in their IP properties. If not sure, please post the following to
better assist:

1. unedited ipconfig /all
2. the AD DNS domain name as it shows up in ADUC
3. Any EventID errors (post the EventID# and Source)

Ace

confers no rights.

Having difficulty reading or finding responses to your post?
Instead of the website you're using, I suggest to use OEx (Outlook Express
or any other newsreader), and configure a news account, pointing to
news.microsoft.com. This is a direct link to the Microsoft Public
Newsgroups. It is FREE and requires NO ISP's Usenet account. OEx allows you
to easily find, track threads, cross-post, sort by date, poster's name,
watched threads or subject.

It's easy:
How to Configure OEx for Internet News
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=171164

Microsoft MVP - Directory Services
Microsoft Certified Trainer

Infinite Diversities in Infinite Combinations
Assimilation Imminent. Resistance is Futile
"Very funny Scotty. Now, beam down my clothes."

The only thing in life is change. Anything more is a blackhole consuming
unnecessary energy. - [Me]

When I looked into IPconfig /all, I also checked Net Share. I didn't see the
Sysvol or the Netlogon share. Tis problem came when I removed the NIC. I
think that it stoped all my shares.
I recreated the two shares and opened my GPO's ands they were there.
Thank you for your fast responce and help.

May GOD bless you for your favor to one of his children.

Ace Fekay said:

The Rev said:
When I looked into IPconfig /all, I also checked Net Share. I didn't
see the Sysvol or the Netlogon share. Tis problem came when I removed
the NIC. I think that it stoped all my shares.
I recreated the two shares and opened my GPO's ands they were there.
Thank you for your fast responce and help.

May GOD bless you for your favor to one of his children.

Thank you, Rev. I'm glad to be of help. I'm also glad you have figured out
what went wrong and were able to resolve it.

Ace