Missing dll

George Ingram

When the Epson ink monitor software for the Epson 1280
printer tries to run, it fails with a message that it
cannot find the link library ebapi.dll. This dll is
nowhere on my pc, on the win2k install disks or any other
application disks that I have (searched using ebapi*).
The ink monitor software worked before I had a system
crash, but since reloading win2k and sp4, it won't run.
Is ebapi.dll a win system dll? If so, where is it? How
do I get it, etc.?

Ozgirl

"George Ingram" <[email protected]>
wrote in message
When the Epson ink monitor software for the Epson 1280
printer tries to run, it fails with a message that it
cannot find the link library ebapi.dll. This dll is
nowhere on my pc, on the win2k install disks or any other
application disks that I have (searched using ebapi*).
The ink monitor software worked before I had a system
crash, but since reloading win2k and sp4, it won't run.
Is ebapi.dll a win system dll? If so, where is it? How
do I get it, etc.?

Did you uninstall the printer software and reinstall?
Did you look for
an upgraded driver for the printer and ink monitor on
Epson site?

From the Epson driver download page:
After installing this EPSON printer driver, it is
highly recommended that
you download and install the EPSON Status Monitor 3
v1.0dES to
allow monitoring of the ink usage and printer status.