mismatch Sli :p

Reaction score
ok ... i dont know how many people know but apparantley with nvidias new drivers you can mismatch your cards if you want to go SLi ...

here is what i found :

Sunday we posted the beta 81.26 driver, coincidentally NVNEWS posted some news regarding the series 80 drivers, pretty interesting stuff if you are a SLI user. There is more good news on the horizon for SLI owners as NVIDIA's upcoming Release 80 drivers will contain the following features and enhancements.

* TV-out / HDTV-out support for even higher resolution gaming support
* Mix and match vendors - for example, pairing an SLI supported graphics card from MSI with one from BFG or XFX
* Mix and match framebuffers (via Coolbits) - pairing a 128MB graphics card with a 256MB graphics card
* Ability to enable vsync for all Direct3D and OpenGL games
* Dynamically enable/disable SLI - rebooting is eliminated!
* Primary Display Switching
* Auto Display Detection
* Linux Support

Also, the number of SLI Optimized games will increase to around 150! This is pretty good news folks !

ok so im not sure about pairing a 7800GTX with a 6600GT but atleast you do not need IDENTICLE cards anymore.

G~MAN

Reaction score
but if you have 2 different cards, won't it run at the speed of the slower one, or is that a stupid question?

Reaction score
hmmm i think it may actually ... but not to sure ... that what was going to happen with crossfire.

but u have to cards so i dont think it would matter to much !

i dont know alot about it, just what i quoted lol

Ask a Question