Nvidia Official Forceware 178.13

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Nvidia has released the Official Forceware 178.13 drivers for Windows XP and Vista. These drivers are for all GeForce 6,7,8,9 and 200 series cards, and contain a range of performance improvements over the last official Forceware release, as well as bug fixes and full support for Nvidia PhysX on GeForce 8,9 and 200 series cards.

• WHQL-certified driver for GeForce 6-series, 7-series, 8-series, 9-series, and 200-series GPUs, including the newly released GeForce 9800 GTX+, 9800 GT, 9500 GT and 9400 GT GPUs.
  • Adds support for NVIDIA PhysX acceleration on all GeForce 8-series, 9-series and 200-series GPUs with a minimum of 256MB dedicated graphics memory (this driver package installs NVIDIA PhysX System Software v8.09.04).
  • Experience GPU PhysX acceleration in several full games and demos today by downloading the GeForce Power Pack.
  • Adds support for 2-way NVIDIA SLI technology with GeForce GTX 200-series GPUs on Intel® D5400XS motherboards.
  • Supports single GPU and NVIDIA SLI™ technology* on DirectX 9 and OpenGL.
  • Supports CUDA™.
  • Supports Folding@home distributing computing application. Download the high performance client for NVIDIA GPUs here and join the NVIDIA team: #131015.
  • Supports GPU overclocking and temperature monitoring by installing NVIDIA System Tools software.
  • Includes several 3D application performance improvements. The following are examples of improvements measured with v178.13 WHQL versus v175.19 WHQL driver:
    • Single GPU increases up to 11% in 3DMark Vantage (performance preset)
    • Single GPU increases up to 11% in Assassin's Creed DX10
    • Single GPU increases up to 15% in Bioshock DX10
    • Single GPU increases up to 15% in Call of Duty 4
    • Single GPU increases up to 8% in Enemy Territory: Quake Wars
    • 2-way SLI increases up to 7% in Bioshock DX10
    • 2-way SLI increases up to 10% in Company of Heroes: Opposing Fronts DX10
    • 2-way SLI increases up to 12% in Enemy Territory: Quake Wars
    • 2-way SLI increases up to 10% in World in Conflict DX10
  • Includes numerous 3D application compatibility fixes. Please read the release notes for more information on product support, features, driver fixes and known compatibility issues.
*Note: Quad SLI technology with GeForce 9800 GX2, 3-way SLI technology, and Hybrid SLI technology are only supported on Windows Vista.

:)

Reaction score
oooh do you think it would be worth using these on my new 9800? :)

I downloaded the version before only a few days ago! haha

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Go for it mate, I'm always trying different beta drivers i find on Guru3D etc. Am on the 177.92's for a while, see to be very good. Word is these are the whql versions of them. ;)

Waynos_Face

New Cruncher
Reaction score
Just read the specs on the NVidia site, 10% - 15% increase in some games, awesome.

Cheers for the link V_R.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Ah yes, the key words are 'up to' ;)

But latest drivers are always a good thing. :)

WHQL = Windows Hardware Quality Labs

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Am running them atm, seems fine, need to run the crysis warhead benchmark nad play a few but seems good.

Ah, digital vibrance is fubar..... FFS, ever other NV driver breaks this....

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Oh, not that i care (Long time PCR crunchers will understand) but you can now run F@H on NV cards too.

Supports Folding@home distributing computing application. Download the high performance client for NVIDIA GPUs here and join the NVIDIA team: #131015.

Reaction score
V_R,

A few months back did you make a thread on Call of Duty 4? or was it Crysis? As I am looking to get COD4 for PC.

Thanks,

Wiz

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
I start many threads. :) Ya the crysis and CoD4 ones in the gaming section.

Ask away mate, i have played cod4 since day 1, ill tell all you need to know. :)

Ask a Question