Microsoft's perennial incompetence...

Zaphod Beeblebrox

On Mon, 25 Nov 2013 20:07:00 -0800, "Gene E. Bloch" <not-
(e-mail address removed)> wrote in article <da5fyvg6mt8t
[email protected]>...
For John Doe, the whole idea...

I think it is more thought in general that challenges it.

--
Zaphod

If I had two heads like you, Zaphod,
I could have hours of fun banging them against a wall.
-Ford Prefect

Gene E. Bloch

On Mon, 25 Nov 2013 20:07:00 -0800, "Gene E. Bloch" <not-
(e-mail address removed)> wrote in article <da5fyvg6mt8t
[email protected]>...

I think it is more thought in general that challenges it.

It has taken me several seconds to get here to type a reply and I'm
*still* laughing :)

Gene E. Bloch

Gene E. Bloch has written on 11/26/2013 1:51 PM:

You need to get out more, Gene! :-0

OK - I'm going out for lunch as soon as I turn this thing off.

I did *not* say out *to* lunch...

Zaphod Beeblebrox

On Tue, 26 Nov 2013 10:59:38 -0800, "Gene E. Bloch" <not-
(e-mail address removed)> wrote in article
OK - I'm going out for lunch as soon as I turn this thing off.

I did *not* say out *to* lunch...

And the fact you had to qualify that statement as you did speaks
volumes ;-)

John Doe

1. Move file = one file

2. Copy file = two files...the original and the new one that was
just CREATED

I see... Software pirates aren't *copying*, they're *creating*!

"I didn't steal it, judge, I created the file right there on my
own computer!"

Microsoft-speak aside, the file creation date should be the date I
create the file, not the date the file is copied.
I bet you have difficulty with life in general, don't you.

Yes, this thing's mother has me complexed...

John Doe

All troll, zero substance...

From: Mike Tomlinson <mike jasper.org.uk>
Newsgroups: alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.os.windows-8
Subject: Re: Microsoft's perennial incompetence...
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2013 16:24:17 +0000

This is John Doe we're talking about. Don't waste the skin off your
fingertips replying to him.

John Doe

I'm having fun too...

From: "Gene E. Bloch" <not-me other.invalid>
Newsgroups: alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.os.windows-8
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2013 10:51:33 -0800

Heck, I'm having fun. Don't rain on my (meager) parade :)

John Doe

If there is to be an attribute for when the file container is
created, an attribute nobody has a use for, it shouldn't be
prominently displayed to the user in Windows Explorer. The file
contents are what matters to a user (all users), users couldn't
care less about the file container.

A troll acting like it has no idea what "create" means...

John Doe

Zaphod said:
I think it is more thought in general that challenges it.

Similarly intelligent people, of which there are few, disagree.
Showing intellectual superiority to most of your peers on the
Internet is like being a big guy in real life. Mental midgets
enjoy trying to prove something by picking on him. It's most
obvious when there is zero substance to the troll's reply...

John Doe

Showing intellectual superiority to most of your peers on the
Internet is like being a big guy in real life. Mental midgets
enjoy trying to prove something by picking on him. It's most
obvious when there is zero substance to the troll's reply...

dadiOH

John Doe said:
If there is to be an attribute for when the file
container is created, an attribute nobody has a use for,
it shouldn't be prominently displayed to the user in
Windows Explorer. The file contents are what matters to a
user (all users), users couldn't care less about the file
container.

When you get around to writing an OS you can do it anyway you like. In the
meantime, adapt.

--

dadiOH
____________________________

Nil

It's most obvious when there is zero substance to the troll's
reply...

I see: "zero substance" like your reply.

Puffing yourself up with air like a blowfish makes you... a blowfish.

Emphasis on "blow".

John Doe

Showing intellectual superiority to most of your peers on the
Internet is like being a big guy in real life. Mental midgets like
Nildo enjoy trying to prove something by picking on him. It's most

From: Nil <rednoise REMOVETHIScomcast.net>
Newsgroups: alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.os.windows-8
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2013 20:32:29 -0500
References: <l6sjct$nro$2 dont-email.me> <l6tbqd$tqe$1 dont-email.me> <l6tm7a$3h7$1 dont-email.me> <l6vg09$p4b$1 dont-email.me> <l6vvkr$q8d$1 dont-email.me> <1iso4h7k45wuy$.dlg stumbler1907.invalid> <l70h0p$fc3$1 dont-email.me> <1swid23go51ab$.dlg example1357.net> <da5fyvg6mt8t$.dlg stumbler1907.invalid> <MPG.2cfe91b065aa935d9898be news.eternal-september.org> <14sko5ud34x6c.dlg stumbler1907.invalid> <l736tr$rl4$2 dont-email.me>

It's most obvious when there is zero substance to the troll's
reply...

I see: "zero substance" like your reply.

Puffing yourself up with air like a blowfish makes you... a blowfish.

Emphasis on "blow".

John Doe

Paul said:
Here is another opinion piece, from a software developer.

http://www.xxcopy.com/xxcopy15.htm

When I move a file from physical drive D to physical drive E, the
date created attribute doesn't change.

It's nonsensical as "date created". It doesn't even follow the
rule of container creation since a move operation from one drive
to another doesn't change the date. It effectively morphs into the
"date copied" attribute after Windows Explorer destroys the
creation date when the file is copied. In other words... The
appropriate/logical attribute name would be "date copied" or "copy
date" with the original value being the date created.

And now we have that down to a science...