I'm a medical transcriptionist currently doing dictation
for 5 physicians. I use MS Word 2000 and have several
formats built and shortcuts built. I'm constantly adding
new information on a daily basis and I use autotext and
autocorrect quiet frequently. What I need to know is how
to do a backup saving all the formats and shortcuts that I
have built in MS Word.

G

To do that, simply save your work as a 'template'.

Then if you want to tranfer styles or autotext entries, just go to the 'styles' feature, click 'organiser'. then there's a box that appears (this is where you tranfer stuff from template-document, document or whatever) and you'll see 4 sections--'Styles', 'Autotext', 'Toolbars' and 'Macro Project Items

The 'Styles' section is already picked, so then you'll see 2 lists--the 1 on the left will be the list that all your styles from the document that you're currently in.

The 1 on the right will be called 'Normal', this means if you copy any styles to 'Normal', all those styles will appear in every document that you create

Or you can open up a template or another document, and copy the styles there, or vice versa

With autotext entries, if you're copying to a template its different, you actually don't see any autotext entries, you have to manually copy them over to the template. But I think its fine for any other way

I hope that helps, By

Ask a Question