microsoft windows installer error messages

Hi I am having a problem when I try to uninstall or install any software on
my Windows XP service pack 2 Dell dimension 2400 computer, I must say that I
had this same problem occur a few months ago and could not get any help to
fix it so I just crashed out my computer and reinstalled everything again.
Everything was fine for awhile and now I am getting the same error
messages-here they are. (it tells me that the windows installer service could
not be accessed, this can only occur if you are running windows in safe mode,
or your windows installer is not correctly installed, that when I try to
uninstall. Then when I try to install it says this (the installshield could
not be launched. Thanks so much for any help you can give me.

TaurArian [MS-MVP]

The "Windows Installer Service Could Not Be Accessed" Error Message appears When
You Add or Remove Program - 1719
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;315346

You receive an error message when you try to install a program that uses the
Windows Installer in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=886630

How to resolve Common "Windows Installer" Problems
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;[LN];555175

===========================
TaurArian [MS-MVP] 2005-2006
===========================
http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
"Need more help? http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=ph;en-us;6527

jewelry777 said:
Hi I am having a problem when I try to uninstall or install any software on
my Windows XP service pack 2 Dell dimension 2400 computer, I must say that I
had this same problem occur a few months ago and could not get any help to
fix it so I just crashed out my computer and reinstalled everything again.
Everything was fine for awhile and now I am getting the same error
messages-here they are. (it tells me that the windows installer service could
not be accessed, this can only occur if you are running windows in safe mode,
or your windows installer is not correctly installed, that when I try to
uninstall. Then when I try to install it says this (the installshield could
not be launched. Thanks so much for any help you can give me.

gwolenec

good afternoon,

I have the same problem. None of the "re-registering", re-naming
re-installing solutions offered on the MS page seem to work. I a
trying to install Norton 2002 and Paperport 8.0. I've been over an
over these instructions. I must be missing something.

Thanks.

gwolenec

http://tinyurl.com/eq0l