Microsoft voice recognition

G

I’m running windows X. P. professional and have been successfully using Microsoft voice recognition within Microsoft Word for some time. I have voiced trained the software to almost perfection over many months, and this is particularly pleasing as I suffer extreme arthritis in my hands which makes typing very painful. However, just recently the windows X. P. platform has become quite unstable, probably due to magazine demos which I’ve tested, and the only solution seems to be reformatting in my hard drive,and a clean install of windows X. P

I need to know if it is possible to save my “personal voice recognition training dataâ€, with view to burning this to CD, and thereafter copying this across once the new install of X.P. is complete

Can anybody advise me whether this is indeed possible, and precisely how to go about it

Many thanks in advance,

Respectfully yours, John in the united kingdom

PS. This text has been compiled using the Microsoft voice recognition facility; hopefully there are not too many errors

R

roger

Hi John,

I have searched in the Microsoft Knowledge Base, but I have not been
able to find references concerning backing up voice recognition data.

However I would suggest looking in your user name folder for any
folder or data concerning it. For example, I found the following
folder: C:\Documents and Settings\User name\Program
data\Microsoft\Speech\Files
In your machine this could be the place where the data is, if so, you
could burn it to CD and reinstall it, and when the program asks for a
new profile, you could direct it to these data.

Hope this helps

Ask a Question