Microsoft Print Migrator 3.1

G Hosking

Hi,

We migrated all print settings and drivers from NT 4
server to a Windows 2000 server and for 90% of printing it
has worked very well. However we seem to have occasion
print spooler service stopage and then loss of printing.
Service restarts and stops a while later.

Anyone has this before, or got any ideas?

Thank you

drelland

I've been assigned the task to clean up our print server
(2000 Server), due to some print issues in our W2K and
Citrix environment. "too many hands in the pot"
situation.

I've been having the same issue as you, however, I have
not yet been able to sucessfully import the printers from
our old print server into our test environment. The print
spooler does not start up automatically. None of the
shares hold.

I've thought I may have missed a switch or two, but no
avail.

Were you using the GUI or the command line interface?

Perhaps we can help one another out.

You can email me at (e-mail address removed)

Thanks,

Dean

Bill Peele [MS]

--------------------
From: "G Hosking" <[email protected]>
Subject: Microsoft Print Migrator 3.1
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.win2000.printing

--

Some printer drivers for Windows NT are not compatible with Windows 2000. The Print Spooler service stopping is
normally caused by a printer driver or a port monitor. We could start by running Fixprnsv.exe to see if it finds any

247196 - Overview of Fixprnsv.exe
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;[LN];247196

Also, when the Print Spooler service stops like this it should add an entry to the Dr Watson log and generate a User dump
file, assuming Dr Watson is still the system's default debugger and it is setup to generate the User dump file. The log and
if need be the dump can be used to try and determine why the Print Spooler stopped.

Bill Peele
Microsoft Enterprise Support

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Use of included script samples are subject to the
terms specified at http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm

Note: For the benefit of the community-at-large, all responses to this message are best directed to the newsgroup/thread
from which they originated.