Microsoft Photodraw 2000 and XP prob...help please if available.

divein

Hi there,

I upgraded to windows XP home edition and also Office xp professional.

I had office 2000 loaded previously, which came with PhotoDraw.

I liked PhotoDraw and dislike the photoeditor thing that comes with xp
professional.

When I load PhotoDraw on my machine I encounter errors. The one this morning
is :

Error Signature:
AppName: photodrw.exe AppVer: 1.0.0.2115 ModName:ntdll.dll
ModVer: 5.1.2600.1217 Offset: 00033905

I have no idea what this means, but all I know is I cannot run the program.

any assistance would be appreciated.

divein

Ronnie Vernon MVP

divein said:
Hi there,

I upgraded to windows XP home edition and also Office xp professional.

I had office 2000 loaded previously, which came with PhotoDraw.

I liked PhotoDraw and dislike the photoeditor thing that comes with xp
professional.

When I load PhotoDraw on my machine I encounter errors. The one this
morning is :

Error Signature:
AppName: photodrw.exe AppVer: 1.0.0.2115 ModName:ntdll.dll
ModVer: 5.1.2600.1217 Offset: 00033905

I have no idea what this means, but all I know is I cannot run the
program.

any assistance would be appreciated.

divein

Unfortunately PhotoDraw was discontinued by Microsoft back in May 2001. PD
2000 is not compatible with XP. See the following web pages for more
information.

Photodraw 2000 Causes an Error Message in Windows XP:
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=318924&FR=1

PhotoDraw:
http://www.microsoft.com/office/previous/photodraw/discontinued.asp

PhotoDraw 2000 Support Center:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-US;PD2K

--
Ronnie Vernon
Microsoft MVP

Richard®

Hello,

After running PhotoDraw Version 1 successfully for about 2 years on my
Windows XP Professional, I encountered the same problem as you describe.

De-installing and re-installing the PhotoDraw application didn't solve the
problem.
Microsoft knowledge-base does not support PhotoDraw anymore (discontinued
product).

Now this worked fine for me :

(1) Search the PHOTODRW.EXE file (normally in C:\Program Files\Microsoft
Office\Office\PHOTODRW.EXE)
(2) Right-click the exe-file and click on 'properties'.
(3) Choose the tab 'Compatibility' and set execution compatibility mode to
'Windows 98/Windows Me'

After doing this PhotoDraw should work (it worked for me).

Hope I helped you,
Richard.

Steve

Richard® said:
Hello,

After running PhotoDraw Version 1 successfully for about 2 years on my
Windows XP Professional, I encountered the same problem as you describe.

De-installing and re-installing the PhotoDraw application didn't solve the
problem.
Microsoft knowledge-base does not support PhotoDraw anymore (discontinued
product).

Now this worked fine for me :

(1) Search the PHOTODRW.EXE file (normally in C:\Program Files\Microsoft
Office\Office\PHOTODRW.EXE)
(2) Right-click the exe-file and click on 'properties'.
(3) Choose the tab 'Compatibility' and set execution compatibility mode to
'Windows 98/Windows Me'

After doing this PhotoDraw should work (it worked for me).

Hope I helped you,
Richard.

**************************************
Many thanks Richard.

I too hade been running PhotoDraw fine for about 6 months on an XP
box, until Microsoft issued their latest patches.

You advise worked a treat.

Cheers
Steve B
**************************************

Joined
Feb 23, 2010
Messages
1
Reaction score
0

**************************************
Many thanks Richard.

I too hade been running PhotoDraw fine for about 6 months on an XP
box, until Microsoft issued their latest patches.

You advise worked a treat.

Cheers
Steve B

Richard thanks for the workaround.