Outlook Microsoft Outlook query

Reaction score
My spellcheck facility doesn't seem to be working properly. When I do a spellcheck on an e-mail I know has mistakes in it I get a message telling me that proofing tools for Welsh are not installed even though my language is English UK and my Tools Options Spelling tab shows English UK.

If I say OK then it tells me the spellcheck is finished and there are no errors when there obviously are!

Reaction score
Karenlsinging said:
My spellcheck facility doesn't seem to be working properly. When I do a spellcheck on an e-mail I know has mistakes in it I get a message telling me that proofing tools for Welsh are not installed even though my language is English UK and my Tools Options Spelling tab shows English UK.

If I say OK then it tells me the spellcheck is finished and there are no errors when there obviously are!

Have you by any chance installed office 2007?

This has apparently screwed up the dictionary for Outlook Express. Not sure about Outlook though.

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
Is this happening with all the emails you spellcheck on, or just this particular one? - are you by chance spellchecking a reply to one particular email?

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
Hi Clive - unfortunately Karenlsinging appears to have a different problem as he/she hasn't installed Office 2007 but 2003.

I have 2003 and spellchecking in OE is fine :thumb:

Reaction score
It's not just in OE it is happening. The task bar shows Welsh is the default language set in Word and as Word is my editor in OE that's why it is doing it there! No amount of changing the default language through the control panel or through Microsoft Tools is helping! It already says English UK!

Ask a Question