Microsoft Outlook 2003 with Two Hotmail Accounts FIX

shs_bulldog

I like many of you, have have had problems using two Hotmail accounts
with Outlook.

I contacted Hotmail Tech support, and they gave me the following
answer:

I also suggest that you use "Outlook Express" instead of "Microsoft
Outlook" to be able to set-up your two Hotmail accounts with an HM
Offline program.

The only article I have seen on the Microsoft Knowledge Base was one
in reference to Two Hotmail Accounts with Outlook 2000.

I think I have fixed my problem. First, I deleted the mail profile
(Control panel - Mail). Then I readded the Two Hotmail accounts.
What I did not do was add the Pop account (Yahoo in my case).

The configuration of two Hotmail accounts without a Pop3 account seems
to be working fine.

Maybe this will help some of you.

Shs Bulldog

Below is the conversation thread I had with Hotmail
support on getting Outlook to work with Hotmail.

Thank you for your prompt response.

I was finally able to find the specific knowledge base
article related to this problem:

us;823523&Product=out2003

It basically says that Microsoft Outlook will only
support one Hotmail account. You may want to make a note
of this so that can share this with other customers who
have a similar problem such as mine.

Also, I was told earlier that Hotmail no longer supports
the forwarding of messages in the mail options. If that
is the case, you might want to remove the instructions on
how to forward your email in the mail options which can
be found on the Hotmail Support page.

http://help.msn.com/!
data/en_us/data/MSN_Hotmail_PIMv9085.its51/
$content$/PIM_PROC_FORWARDPADD.HTM?H_APP=MSN%5FHotmail

Thank you very much for your help. Hopefully as more
users adopt paid accounts and try to synch Hotmail with
Outlook, Microsoft will resolve some of these issues.

Thanks again.

----------------------

Subject: CST163332470ID - RE:How-to / EmailBasics / Other
Date: Mon, 7 Jun 2004 03:00:12 -0700

Hello shs_bulldog,

Thank you for writing to MSN Hotmail.

This is Sheryl and I am writing in response to your
concern on getting
both of your Hotmail accounts to be set-up in Outlook and
your inquiry
if it's possible to forward all of your e-mail messages
from your
account to another account.

Reagrding your first concern, please please contact
Microsoft Product
Support Services (PSS) at: http://support.microsoft.com/
for further
information. PSS Online features an easy-to-use Knowledge
Base search to
help you find answers to your various product questions.

I also suggest that you use "Outlook Express" instead
of "Microsoft
Outlook" to be able to set-up your two Hotmail accounts
with an HM
Offline program. For additional information
about "Outlook Express",
please go to:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;en-us%
3Boex&x=11&y=8

With regard to your inquiry about mail forwarding, I am
sorry but you
asked about a feature that unfortunately MSN Hotmail does
not currently
offer. However, I will submit this item to our
development team as a
feature request. We regularly review customer comments
and feature
requests and use them to upgrade Hotmail to provide you
with the best
service possible.

Thank you for your time and patience. If you have any
other concerns,
feel free to write back.

Sincerely,

Sheryl I.