Microsoft Office Question

I installed Windows Vista, which was probably a mistake, but anyways, I had
Microsoft Word 2000 on the computer before, and now I also have 2003 from
Vista. So my question is, did Vista come with it or is it just there and I
still have to go out and buy Mic. Office 2003 to get all of that?

Richard in AZ

Microsoft Office Question said:
I installed Windows Vista, which was probably a mistake, but anyways, I had
Microsoft Word 2000 on the computer before, and now I also have 2003 from
Vista. So my question is, did Vista come with it or is it just there and I
still have to go out and buy Mic. Office 2003 to get all of that?

Microsoft Word (any version) is not part of Windows (any version). If your computer came with Word
2003, either the PC manufacturer included it or it is a trial version (the more likely status). If
it is the trial version, it will bomb in 60 or 90 days and you will have to pay to make it active
again.

Do your have MS Works Suite? Word would be included in that program, but again the PC manufacturer
put it on (as a sales gimmick) as it is not part of Windows. If you want the entire Office 2003
suite, you will have to purchase it. But be aware that most stores are only stocking Office 2007
and it is a big visual change from anything you have be use to.

Andre Da Costa[ActiveWin]

Check your documentation that came with your computer, there is a
possibility there might be a Certificate of Authenticity with product ID
information for Office 2003 (OEM), unless it was purchased separately. If
there isn't its most likely a trial.
--
Andre
Blog: http://adacosta.spaces.live.com
news:[email protected]...

ray

Why would he want to try some inferior office product when he HAS office
2003? Just FYI.

I would certainly not want 'some inferior office product'. That is exactly
why I use OpenOffice.org. It has more capability anyway.

Andre Da Costa[ActiveWin]

I will admit, Open Office is probably on the same level as Office for
Windows 95 or Office 97, so it is indeed coming along. Don't take that as an
offense. My brother and students at the school where he teaches are still
using Windows 98 and Office 97.

Jerry Atricks

ray said:
I would certainly not want 'some inferior office product'. That is exactly
why I use OpenOffice.org. It has more capability anyway.

What capabilities does OpenOffice have that Office 2003 or 2007 doesn't? I
would love to hear that !