Outlook Microsoft Office Outlook is damaging my received attachments

Reaction score
Hi

Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 (11.5606.5608) is damaging my received attachments as sson as they enter the inbox - attachments like .doc, .exe, .xlm,. pdf ect. sometimes even if they are zipped. It seems that this is a new feature for protection purposes. what can I do to stop this feature.

Thanks, Please Help

(e-mail address removed)

simon

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
It seems that this is a new feature for protection purposes. what can I do to stop this feature.
Turn it off. :thumb:

user.gif

Reaction score
I wish I knew How, I have been trying to do that, unsucessfully - can you help pls.

Thanks

Kind Regards

Simon

Reaction score
Hey Simon,

A common workaround is to rename the extension (*.txt for example) before attaching/sending it - but obviously that's down to the sender!

Let me know if you're still stuck - happy to help further!

Reaction score
Problem still there.. yes it depends on the sender -I think I just have to change the application to something similar any ideas

Simon

chelseafc2005

Crunchtastic
Reaction score
simongr said:
Problem still there.. yes it depends on the sender -I think I just have to change the application to something similar any ideas

Simon

mozillla thunderbird:thumb:

better than outlook and free:D

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Yes, I use Firfox & Thunderbird ... install the "extension" called "Lightning" and you'll get the calender as well ... there are other extension you may, or may not, find useful.

Enjoy the freedom and extra security. ;)

Reaction score
Problems using Firefox

Hi

Can anyone help? I am having problems with Firefox 2 - it is giving me the following:

Type Error:_3bc[0] has no properties: undefined

I have to use Ctrl alt delete to stop the process

This started after I unistalled Thunderbird

Kind Help

Simon

Reaction score
Hi,
Looks like some Firefox components have been removed when you uninstalled Thunderbird.... try reinstalling Firefox.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hi

Thanks, I have tried this several times - I used a registry cleaner and regedit to take off all traces - still remained wih the same problem. Please help

Thanks

SImon

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Have you got an e-mail antivirus scanner enabled? i.e. Norton, AVG, etc...?

Reaction score
Mozilla Thunderbird (E-Mail) Mozilla Firefox (Browsing). Stop using MicroSoft software for EVERY single task, especially since everyone knows how susceptable MS has been to attacks in the past, and you'll most likely be both happier and more secure!

You might also look at using OpenOffice from sun microsystems in place of MS office! it's free, reliable, and extremely useful and easy to use. You can even create and open microsoft office documents! pretty much sun's way of slapping microsoft in the face!

Last edited:
Reaction score
It just destroys them beyond repair - I see them but am unable to open them.

Please help

simon

Reaction score
Files destorted by Thunderbird and Microsoft Outlook - could this be because of wirel

An interesting thing is that it destroys only the larger files or at times it also - for example with faxes to email it shows half the page - When I see these on Internet explorer it is ok.

By the way could it be because I am using a wireless connection and the signal and speed sometimes gets very low

Can any one help please

Thanks

Kind Regards

Simon

Ask a Question