Microsoft.NET Framework

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
I honestly didn't know which area to choose to post this question, so apologies for that:blush: Ever since I saw it mentioned amongst Microsoft's updates (ages ago) I've wondered what Microsoft.NET Framework actually is, or what it does?

Earlier, I spotted it listed under Administrative Tools (in XP Pro) and had a look (but didn't tweak or fiddle) it looks as if it is supposed to fix various things.... is that right? Can anyone settle my curiosity please :) Thank you for looking :thumb: :D

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Hmmm... I had a feeling that it might be ;) but thank you for the link Mucks, I shall go have a read (I never seem to think of Wiki :rolleyes: ) :thumb:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
So why is it the ATI video driver control centre won't work without this bloody thing?

I hate that software, it gives you a prompt to log in after installation and it takes a fair bit of messing about to get rid of that prompt.

It was the fact of that and also ATI's drivers work like crap in Linux that swung me away from ATI and back to Nvidia.

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
So why is it the ATI video driver control centre won't work without this bloody thing?
Because it was written using .NET

Did you also know, Norton must have .NET installed also ... and we know how "good" that program is too. :lol:

Unfortunately, we are going to see a lot more of it ... is .NET3 out yet. :wave:

:user:

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
muckshifter said:
:lol:

Unfortunately, we are going to see a lot more of it ... is .NET3 out yet. :wave:

:user:

Yep been out for ages . Installs easy peasy with AoutoPatcher.
happywave.gif

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Abarbarian said:
Yep been out for ages . Installs easy peasy with AoutoPatcher.
happywave.gif
Don't need Autothingie ... I just use Windows Update ... but I don't bother looking at what is being installed. :lol:

:p

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
You mean you don't do intensive background research on every Microsop update , tsk tsk . An I thought you were a real pc expert .
bowdown.gif

Ask a Question