Windows XP Microsoft Money 5

Reaction score
Have been backing up my checking book on floppies,and these files have an mbf ext. I have purchased a new system but has no floppie. I have been able to get my last mbf backup file to my new computer,but can't open it up in Micro Money 5. How do I resolve this problem and be able to open this mbf file up? Thanks

Reaction score
I think it is necessary to open Money and use the Restore Backup item in the File menu.

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Buy an external Floppy theyare pretty cheap .
Use a mates pc to swap the floppy info to cd or usb stick.
Can you not install a floppy to the new pc?

happywave.gif

Reaction score
Thanks for your response. I think my major problem is opening up the mbf file I originally backed up so hopefully I can use it in my present Money app on this system. When I try to restore the mbf file, the app. calls for a mny file and says the mbf file is not a legit money file and also might be corrupt. Thanks

Reaction score
If you still have access to your old system you could try exporting the individual accounts as .qif files and then importing them into a new money file.

If you have numerous backups on floppy then Abarbarian's suggestion is well worth considering; you may find at least one fairly recent backup which works.

Ask a Question