Microsoft Exchange server

microsoft exchange server help!

Everytime I try to open Outlook, a propt comes up saying " The connection to
the microsoft exchange server is unavailable. Outlook must be online or
connected to complete this action." I use to beable to get on outlook fine,
but now my mail that i try to send sits in the outbox and wont send. How do i
fix my email account and get the mail to send?

Diane Poremsky [MVP]

microsoft exchange server help!

Hi Diane,
I have office outlook 2003. When i got my new computer i set it up to work
with my hotmail acct. It worked fine, but just a few weeks ago i realized
none of my messages were being sent out. I replied on craigslist, but all the
mail was still in my outbox. When i hit the send/recieve tab an error
happens. How do i fix it so i can use outlook with my hotmail acct?

Diane Poremsky said:
What version of Outlook? Exchange? Windows?

This error means Outlook can't find your exchange server.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:
mailto:[email protected]

mailto:[email protected]

Do you keep Outlook open 24/7? Vote in our poll:

"microsoft exchange server help!" <microsoft exchange server
[email protected]> wrote in message
Everytime I try to open Outlook, a propt comes up saying " The connection
the microsoft exchange server is unavailable. Outlook must be online or
connected to complete this action." I use to beable to get on outlook
fine,
but now my mail that i try to send sits in the outbox and wont send. How
do i
fix my email account and get the mail to send?

Gordon

"microsoft exchange server help!"
Hi Diane,
I have office outlook 2003. When i got my new computer i set it up to
work
with my hotmail acct. It worked fine, but just a few weeks ago i realized
none of my messages were being sent out. I replied on craigslist, but all
the
mail was still in my outbox. When i hit the send/recieve tab an error
happens. How do i fix it so i can use outlook with my hotmail acct?

Firstly remove the Exchange Server email account from Account Settings then
download and install the Outlook Connector.
Get it here:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=9A2279B1-DF0A-46E1-AA93-7D4870871ECF

Diane Poremsky [MVP]

To continue to receive e-mail from your Hotmail account, you need to select
one of the methods below to connect to Hotmail. After September 1, 2009 new
e-mail can only be delivered to your mail programs through the following
solutions.

If you use Outlook 2003/2007, you can download the free Outlook Connector to
continue receiving Hotmail. If you're using Outlook 2002, you will need to
change the account to use POP3. If you use Outlook Express to view Hotmail,
you can choose between downloading Windows Live Mail (free) or reconfigure
your account to use POP3. See
http://www.slipstick.com/problems/msn_denied.asp for details.

--

Diane Poremsky said:
[...]

Ok Diane,
I downloaded the new Outlook connector. All it did was add my hotmail mail
to the outlook folder. I have emails in my personal folder in outlook that i
need to send. I also tried to send some mail, and again the message just sat
in my outbox. And the prompts are still coming up. Basically nothing changed.
How could i just start new? I have tried changing or adding an account in
POP3, HTTP, and the others. I even put the code POP3.live.com and
SMT.live.com in the feilds and it still wont send/recieve anything. Please
help!