Microsoft Excel 2007 new formula help

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

First off, I am completely new to Microsoft Excel, and started yesterday on working with it, learning the basics and what not. Here's what I need to do though, and I need to write a report for work...

I am trying to take an employee's date of bonus received, an employee's start date, how long the employee worked, and then compute it so that I can determine which employee's receive a certain amount of a bonus. If this makes sense so far, follow with me because here's where it becomes detailed...

What I want it to do is just this...

Any hourly employee that worked under 90 days receives a 50 dollar bonus, with a 7 dollar fee subtraction. Any hourly employee who has worked over 90 days and up to 2 years receives 100 dollar bonus, with a 7 dollar fee subtraction. Any hourly employee OVER 2 years receives 100 dollars plus an additional 25 dollars, with a 7 dollar fee subtraction.

EX1 (under 90 days):
Smith, John started working on January 15, 2009. On January 31, 2009 bonus checks were given out. Smith, John received 50 dollars, with a 7 dollar fee subtraction.

EX2 (90 days - 2 years):
Smith, Jane started working on January 15, 2008. On January 31, 2009 bonus checks were given out. Smith, Jane received 100 dollars, with a 7 dollar fee subtraction.

EX3 (over 2 years of employment:
Doe, John started working on January 15, 2007. On January 31, 2009 bonus checks were given out. Doe, John received 100 dollars plus 25 minus 7.

That completes hourly. I also need one for salary. Any salary employee that worked under 2 years received a 200 dollar bonus minus 7 dollars. Any salary employee over 2 years received a 200 dollar bonus plus 25 dollars minus 7 dollars.

So, basically I need something that will calculate the date the bonus check was given compared to an employee's start date and then calculated again which includes the type of bonus check they are eligible. Now, I have all of that information as far as start dates, hourly, salary but it's confidential. I will need to work off of examples. Also, some dates go back as far as Feb. 2006 until Dec. 2008. That's all I can reveal though without breaching confidentiality.

Ask a Question