Microsoft Console help please

mctiger

Hi,
I get a message that the snap-in failed to initialize.
I have done the following:
1.For Pro: Start/Control Panel/Administrative Tools/Local Security
Policy/Local Policies/Security options.
In the right hand pane (third down). Accounts: Limit local account
use of
blank passwords to console logon only. This is enabled by default,
disable
it
2.Type in Help
Snap-in failed to initialize

while online.
3. KB826282 - "Snap-in Failed to Initialize" Error Message When You
Open Microsoft Management Console
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?Product=winxp&scid=kb;en-us;826282

4.Under system Variables to path environment variable put in
%SystemRoot%\system32;%SystemRoot%;%SystemRoot%\system32\WBEM

5. wet back and check that there aren't multiple instances in the
PATH statement now. To see if anything else might have been added to
that line. Nothing else there but
%SystemRoot%\system32;%SystemRoot%;%SystemRoot%\system32\WBEM

6.> %path%
environment
variable=C:\WINDOWS\system32;C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDOWS\system32\WBEM
ALLUSERSPROFILE=C:\Documents and Settings\All Users
APPDATA=C:\Documents and Settings\wmckeeby\Application Data
CLIENTNAME=Console
CommonProgramFiles=C:\Program Files\Common Files
COMPUTERNAME=MYCOMPUTER
ComSpec=C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe
HOMEDRIVE=C:
HOMEPATH=\Documents and Settings\wmckeeby
LOGONSERVER=\\MYCOMPUTER
NUMBER_OF_PROCESSORS=1
OS=Windows_NT
PATHEXT=.COM;.EXE;.BAT;.CMD;.VBS;.VBE;.JS;.JSE;.WSF;.WSH
PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE=x86
PROCESSOR_IDENTIFIER=x86 Family 6 Model 0 Stepping 0, CyrixInstead
PROCESSOR_LEVEL=6
PROCESSOR_REVISION=0000
ProgramFiles=C:\Program Files
PROMPT=$P$G
SESSIONNAME=Console
SystemDrive=C:
SystemRoot=C:\WINDOWS
TEMP=C:\WINDOWS\system32;C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDOWS\system32\WBEM
TMP=C:\DOCUME~1\wmckeeby\LOCALS~1\Temp
USERDOMAIN=MYCOMPUTER
USERNAME=wmckeeby
USERPROFILE=C:\Documents and Settings\wmckeeby
windir=C:\WINDOWS
7.Was informed that my temp line was wrong.

It should be %USERPROFILE%\Local Settings\Temp

Which will display the same as tmp
C:\DOCUME~1\wmckeeby\LOCALS~1\Temp
This did not help,still got the error message.So I changed it back to
the original line.
The console opens-but only shows the error message.

8.Snap-in failed to initialize.
This problem can occur when a program that has an associated MMC
snap-in, is
removed and leaves an orphaned entry in the registry.
To resolve this problem:
1 Ignore the message in the Symptoms section and click OK to start
MMC.
2 Click Console.
3 Click Add\Remove Snap-in.
4 Click the orphaned snap-in. (The snap-in should not have an icon.)
5 Click Remove.
6 Click OK to close the Add\Remove snap-in window.
7 Save your changes to the console.
=================

I'm guessing that you don't have a 64 bit version of XP.

Here's how to tell:
Use My Computer to Check System Properties
1 Click Start, right-click My Computer, and then click Properties.
2 In the System Properties window, click the General tab.
3 Note the first line under Computer:
On 64-bit systems, Itanium or Itanium 2 appears on this line.
On 32-bit systems, a value other than Itanium or Itanium2 appears on
this
line.

If you do have a 64 bit version of Windows XP, I don't have a clue.
The only thing the console did not allow step 3 from above. It only
gave these options-- I went into the Microsoft console. It only has
these options.
1. File=options=Exit
2.Action Help
3.View= Large icons or Small icons or list or Detail
4. Help= Help topics=About console.

The options=Disk Clean up only.What happens when you hit Ctrl + M
while in MMC?- It only makes a sound-BEEP.

Can anyone help with this information?
Thanks in advance.

Have sence,patience,and self-restrain,and no mischief will come.

David Candy

You again have no path statement. Every single thing you've been told to do you have f*cked up. When you finally get it one thing right we find you have gone back and restored your other errors.

So you have yet to try it error free.

Noone can help someone so incredibly stupid.

You obviously didn't read (more probably you thought it was a knitting pattern or something) why this is a stupid idea. You are not capable of doing what you want as you are just too stupid. Give up on TS.

mctiger

Hi,
I am not stupid. Go figure that this is a basics group!
So what line should be there?
1. %SystemRoot%\system32;%SystemRoot%;%SystemRoot%\system32\WBEM
according to Rick Roger
2. %USERPROFILE%\Local Settings\Temp
according to you David Candy
Also should the tmp line read the same?
Just figure I'd ask you.

You again have no path statement. Every single thing you've been told to do you have f*cked up. When you finally get it one thing right we find you have gone back and restored your other errors.

So you have yet to try it error free.

Noone can help someone so incredibly stupid.

You obviously didn't read (more probably you thought it was a knitting pattern or something) why this is a stupid idea. You are not capable of doing what you want as you are just too stupid. Give up on TS.

Have sence,patience,and self-restrain,and no mischief will come.

David Candy

One is path and one is temp. They BOTH should be there. You keep changing things. Every time something is fixed you keep breaking it. That is stupid.

See I don't believe you have a problem. I believe this is some practical joke you think is funny while masterbating.

Lets see. You edit path (after about 50 posts from various people), and tmp is wrong. We tell you to edit tmp, then we find out you also broke path as well as fixing tmp, we tell you to refix path, then we find out you fix path but insist on breaking tmp. And so it goes in circles, over and over again.

I tell you to type things in help but you are so moronic you choose only the totally irrelevent articles, not the article with your f*cking error message in the title. Is that stupid or what?

So, are you stupid or a masterbater?

Not to mention that what you are trying to achieve is REALLY, REALLY stupid (as I explained in reply to your first post - now, you were given advice so that doesn't make you stupid - but once explained to you you insist on acting stupid), allowing any hacker the right to logon to your machine.

Sitting in front of a computer IS NOT an excuse to suffer an IQ drop of 100 points. Probably less in your case as one can't go negative.

mctiger

Hi,
If you do not like my posts--Please do not answer them.
You must live a lone, I can only feel sorry for you.
You must move on so others may provide help.
I seen your answers on other xp help sites.
You sure do like provoking people to make yourself bigger.
Are you gay? You sure do mention masterbating allot in your posts.
Have a nice day!
[...]

Carrie Garth

| | I get a message that the snap-in failed to initialize. I have
| done the following: <SNIP>
|
| %path% environment
| CLIENTNAME=Console <SNIP>

Hmmmm....

CLIENTNAME=Console

According to the following archived newsgroup post:

----- Begin <OM59#[email protected]> -----
From: Alex K. Angelopoulos [Server MVP] (aka-at-mvps-dot-org)
Subject: Re: Calling functions from .dll files and terminal
services enviromnent
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.scripting.vbscript
Date: 2003-12-03 02:08:44 PST

"there is an environment variable automatically created in ALL
sessions on TS systems, named %CLIENTNAME%."

----- End <OM59#[email protected]> -----

Now, by writing "TS systems", I am certain Alex means
"Terminal Services Client".

And if your computer is a "Terminal Services Client", then there
is, or was, a Terminal Services Server somewhere in the mix.

My advice if there is a Terminal Services Server somewhere in the
mix (that is, your computer is a member of a Domain):

Discuss this issue with your Domain Administrator.

My Advice if there was a Terminal Services Server somewhere in
the mix (that is, your computer has been disjoined from of a
domain):

Post to the following newsgroup:

microsoft.public.win2000.group_policy

If you read the newsgroups via Microsoft Communities Web Page:
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsser...mspx?dg=microsoft.public.win2000.group_policy

If you read newsgroups using a NNTP newsreader, such as Outlook
Express, and use the msnews.microsoft.com news server:

And if you post include the following information:

- Your Operating System version and service pack level

- The fact that your computer has been disjoined from of a domain
- That fact that you have local Administrative privileges
- The fact that Local Security Settings (secpol.msc) is OK

- Exact text of all "snap-in failed" error messages
- All relevant information related to this problem found in your
Event Viewer log files (eventvwr.msc)

- Whether or not the Group Policy Editor has every worked. And
if it worked previously, did it target the local computer or a
remote machine. And if it worked previously, what has changed
between then and now.

- Whether or not your %WINDIR% partition is formatted NTFS. And
if it is, whether or not you have been messing with the default
NTFS permissions on the %WINDIR%\System32 folder.

mctiger

Hi,
My computer is running xp professional with service pack 1.
This is a home computer and not networked to any other computers.
As far as a terminal services client It should not be one.
I un-installed the bata version and went back to the original service
pack 1. Maybe it changed the settings?
How do I correct this?
Thanks in advance.