Access Microsoft Access - Numbering and Sequencing subforms

Reaction score
Dear All,

I have been trying to get my mind around this for a long time and cannot. Please help if able.

I have a Form (say, F1), with a subform (SF1), which in itself has another subform (SF2). Referential integrity is fine, no issues there at all and all the links work.

The third form, the second subform in the hierarchy, has a list on it that always starts from 1 for every record in SF1. Likewise SF2 is numbered A,B,C... and always starts from A for every entry in F1.

My problem is, when I delete a record in, say, SF2, I then have to renumber every record in the series. This is annoying and often ends up taking a lot of time, and as this is a facilitated process before a team it is often also embarrassing.

What I need specifically:

- When I delete a record from SF3, I need all records in the set for SF1 need to re-sequence themselves in order from the first one which is always 1.

- If I paste new records in from an external source/table/form then it needs to sequence itself as the next number after the previous number.

If you can help, or point me to somebody or resource that can help, then I would be most grateful.

Thanks,

Ask a Question