Methods not visible for COM (CCW) type library

nigel.stephens

nigel.stephens@parasolit.­co.uk
Nov 24, 10:04 am show options

Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.interop
From: "(e-mail address removed)" <[email protected]>
- Find messages by this author
Date: 24 Nov 2005 02:04:50 -0800
Subject: Mehods not showing in COM (CCW) interface of .NET assembly
original | Report Abuse

Hi,
I have created an assembley in vb.net by adding a class based on the
component tempate to my project. I have a public function called send
that has some parameters and returns a long type.

I have built the project and used regasm.exe to generate a type library

that is a COM Callable Wrapper.

My problem is that my public function is not visible as a method in the

COM interface. I have declared the public function as follows.

Public Function Send(ByVal MsgId As Long) As Long

Is this correct? if so is there anything else I have missed?

Thanks
Nigel

Herfried K. Wagner [MVP]

My problem is that my public function is not visible as a method in the
COM interface. I have declared the public function as follows.

Public Function Send(ByVal MsgId As Long) As Long

Mark the class using the 'ComClass' attribute and the methods as
'ComVisible(True)'.