Message from WMI@servername

andrew

I keep getting a repeated message from the user WMI@xxxxx where xxxxx is the
name of my W2K server. Can anybody help me track down how this message is
generated and how it can be stopped/changed. The body of the message is
listed below. Thanks

Andrew.
"xxxxxxxxx" has reported a "Error". Reported status is: Queues - "Error"
Drives - "OK" Services - "OK" Memory - "OK" CPU - "OK"

Eric Shen [MSFT]

Hi Andrew,

I would like to ask for the detailed information regarding this problem.
Could you please capture the screen of this error and then send it to me
for investigation? Also, please save the event logs as .evt file so I can
check what had happened. You can email to me directly at
(e-mail address removed)

I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

Eric Shen
Product Support Services
Microsoft Corporation

| From: "andrew" <[email protected]>
| Subject: Message from WMI@servername
| Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2003 13:54:52 +0100
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.win2000.setup_deployment
|
| I keep getting a repeated message from the user WMI@xxxxx where xxxxx is
the
| name of my W2K server. Can anybody help me track down how this message is
| generated and how it can be stopped/changed. The body of the message is
| listed below. Thanks
|
| Andrew.
| "xxxxxxxxx" has reported a "Error". Reported status is: Queues - "Error"
| Drives - "OK" Services - "OK" Memory - "OK" CPU - "OK"

Matthew Jones

I presume this would be your Exchange 2000 Server.

I bet you set up alerts and forgot about them. {I did that}.
I don't fully understand the usage on the alerts as the queues are always
going to warning but all is fine.

Eric Shen [MSFT]

Hi Andrew,

As Matthew indicates, this message appears to be an alert. It is possible
that a WMI related service is reporting the system status to you for
reference. I checked the message head of this email; it indicates that this
email is sent from your computer SCREENDEV01 through your SMTP service
(SMTPSVC). It is possible that a service runs on this computer encounters
an issue so it reports it to you over the email. You should have configured
this alert in its console; otherwise, it will not know your email address.

If you would like to stop this alert, a direct way is to stop the SMTP
service. Also, if you need to find out the problem, we need to find which
service is sending this email out.

Please let me know which service is running on this computer. For example,
do you have Exchange server, MOM, SMS or similar application installed on
this computer? It would be better to provide a complete list of the
applications. Meanwhile, I would recommend you check the alert area of
these services to see if it has configured the alert to send out this
email. This message does not appear to be sent by the operating system.

In addition, you can attach the event logs so I can verify it for you to
see if it contains any information regarding this alert. I look forward to
hearing from you.

Regards,

Eric Shen
Product Support Services
Microsoft Corporation

andrew

Eris,

Thanks for your reply, I only have a basic Win2K install on this computer
and Exchange 2K, so I assume from what you mention - that Exchange 2K is
sending me alerts - I will try to track down where and when. I don't rememer
asking it to do this or giving it my email address. Thanks for your help.

Andrew.

Eric Shen [MSFT]

Hi Andrew,

This event is possible to be the Exchange notification message. From System
Management->Tools->Monitoring and Status->Notifications, you can configure
such a notification. You can check there to see if this is the case.

Since this issue appears to be an Exchange problem, please feel free to
post it into the Exchange newsgroup for assistance:
Microsoft.public.exchange.admin or Microsoft.public.exchange2000.admin.

Please feel free to post back to me if you have further questions or
encounter any difficulties. I hope to hear from you soon.

Regards,

Eric Shen
Product Support Services
Microsoft Corporation

Joined
Mar 12, 2010
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
WMI Messages

Hey guys, this one is pretty simple. If you open System Manager in Exchange 2003, expand the Tools and then Notification folders you will see a template that is set up to send you emails on warnings or critical events. It is here where the messages are being generated. Modify them to your liking.