MenuItem

• Thread starter Finn Stampe Mikkelsen
  • Start date
F

Finn Stampe Mikkelsen

Hi..

This might be C# 101 and a silly question. Chances are, that it’s a clear case of not seeing the forest cause of all the trees... But..

Designing the menubar of my current project i wanted to eliminate the CheckMark placeholder from the individual menuitems... I have several menus not using this feature and i figured if i can switch of the visibillity of the ShortCut Keys, why not also the area reserved for the checkmark left of the Text..

But i can’t seem to find out how to do this.. Googleing this has not helped me, which might be because this feature is not suported or maybe just that i can’t find out how to express my search request to find what i’m looking for...

Is it possible to switch of the visibillity of the area reserved for checkmarks in a menu?? It’s no problem for me, that the whole dropdown has to be either visible og invisible, but for the one menu that uses this feature, it would like to disable this and not have empty space staring the user in the face..

I really hope i don’t need to write a new class inheriting from the original.

TIA

Finn
++++

J

Jeff Johnson

Is it possible to switch of the visibillity of the area reserved for
checkmarks in a menu??
No.

I really hope i don't need to write a new class inheriting from the
original.

You're going to have to. Even base operating system menus have space
reserved for this (although not as much, and without the different
background). I'm willing to bet as far back as Windows 3.0 (and maybe
further) you'll find the same thing.

F

Finn Stampe Mikkelsen

"Jeff Johnson" skrev i meddelelsen
Is it possible to switch of the visibillity of the area reserved for checkmarks in a menu??
No.

I really hope i don't need to write a new class inheriting from the original.
You're going to have to. Even base operating system menus have space reserved for this (although not as much, and without the
different background). I'm willing to bet as far back as Windows 3.0 (and maybe further) you'll find the same thing.

Actually glad, since i was going mad not being able to find the way to do it..

Weel, will just have to live with it, since it's not so big a thing that i will re-invent the menuitem..

Thanks

/Finn

Ask a Question