menu app to launch exe's from "CD"

J.Wood

awhile back someone posted an autostart menu for CD's that will let you
launch executables from the CD (it was a no install for obvious reasons) and
recent google searches turn up dead links or links to now $$$ware apps.

awhile back someone posted an autostart menu for CD's that will let you
launch executables from the CD (it was a no install for obvious reasons) and
recent google searches turn up dead links or links to now $$$ware apps.

It is a little program called "shellout". When used to launch files,
it does not pop up an annoying DOS window. It may also be useful for
some Windows NT configurations where the "start" command cannot be
found. It is an *.exe file that you place in the root directory of
your CD and use like "start", except that it uses no command line
parameters. It is available from the "files" section on
http://www.mrichter.com/cdr/files/files.htm

Onno Voors

awhile back someone posted an autostart menu for CD's that will let
you launch executables from the CD (it was a no install for obvious
reasons) and recent google searches turn up dead links or links to now
$$$ware apps.

Do you mean CDstarter?
Anyway, it does what you seem to want and it's very good.

Susan Bugher

Do you mean CDstarter?
Anyway, it does what you seem to want and it's very good.

Hi Onno,

I read that as a request for an autorun app too but others interpreted
it as a request for a no install program launcher. Time may tell. . . ;)

Program: CDStarter
Author: Richard Low
Ware: (Freeware)
http://www.wentnet.com/

more apps:
http://www.pricelesswarehome.org/acf/P_SYSTEMUTILITIES.php#5.20Automation:CDAutorun

Susan
--
Posted to alt.comp.freeware

Frank Bohan

Author: Richard Low
Ware: (Freeware)
http://www.wentnet.com/

more apps:
http://www.pricelesswarehome.org/acf/P_SYSTEMUTILITIES.php#5.20Automation:CDAutorun

Susan
--

There's also Shellexe:
http://www.whirlywiryweb.com/q/shellexe.asp

I've just been trying out Panel Commander, which can produce lists of
executable commands (programs, documents, websites. whatever). Up to 16
commands per list. Each list makes a separate .exe file for launching it.
Unfortunately it will not work with CDs as it's not possible to burn/access
the necessary data files. Still, it's a very nice program (actually a
program maker) as a launcher.
http://www.vasileios.gr/freesoft/panel_commander.htm

===

Frank Bohan
¶ Crazy paving is not all it's cracked up to be.