"Memory cannot be Read" Error,...Crash

K

Kevin T. Mahoney

Recently, often when composing correspondences in the OE6, I've been getting the following message:
"The instruction at 0x70a46dc6 referenced memory at 0x00002745. The memory could not be read."
Then I'm prompted to terminate or debug. Before I could choose, an MSIMN.exe ERROR pops up,
and I have no choice, then,.....Program Termination, loss of unfinished work, start over.
This error has variations, such as:
"The instruction at 0x004403t9 referenced mem. @ 0x00000168 , and memory could not be read",...same MSIMN.exe,.....program termination,...crash.

To be realistic, when I've run DEBUG, I'm totally in the dark, as to what to do with it when I see a line of script with the FAULT->-> showing the point of error.

Interesting final point !!! I just realized that this is the first attempt to send this that has not had the Error sequence start, and I'm actually finishing this. The difference is that I've clicked to "Work Offline", and the PC is being quiet as I write. Interesting clue, perhaps.

Thanks if you can HELP,
KTM, Saco, ME

K

Kevin T. Mahoney

I'm beginning to think it is possible "Anti MSN/Microsoft" Virus.
Whenever I try to key in a link to any Microsoft sites, like; msn.com Homepage, MS/Windows update, or just to be on the web, I get hijacked through a "make-believe" Microsoft Homepage, or flooded with Runtime errors.
ALL of my files are now suffixed with "dot-ell-enn-kay" (*.lnk) .
This is my third attempt, and the only way I can complete this, is off-line.
Hurry!!
KTM, Saco, ME

Possibly a problem with the MSOE.DLL file on your system. What version is
on your computer? (located in the Outlook Express folder of Program Files).

One possible solution/update would be to install this patch for OE, if not
already there.
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...D4-3F45-472E-8C2D-B7B6A879ACB8&displaylang=en

OR check the WU website for any newer updates that applies to OE6 (you do
have SP1, right?).

--

...Sky

Tom "Sky" King
===========

In

B

Bob I

You may wish to review your HOSTS file for bogus entries. Set your
system to show hidden and system, and the HOSTS file may be opened with
Notepad. Yo will find it in the folder below