Memorex Dual Format DVD R Driver Issue

G

I have a Memorex Dual Format DVD Recorder 4X, but the Microsoft driver will only recognize it as a 1X recorder so Roxio will also only let me set it to burn at 1X. Have searched both the Memorex and MS support sites for an updated driver and am unable to find a new driver that will fix this. I have also tried the Windows Update tool for drivers. Any pointers will be appreciated

Running Windows XP Version 2002 with SP1 and all updates through Automatic Update on a P4 2.4ghz, no other CD or DVD ROM drives in the system. Driver Details lists the driver as Memorex DVD +/-RW Dual-x1, Microsoft Corp, 5.1.2600.1106 (xpsp1.020828-1920)

C

Cari \(MS-MVP\)

It's not a Microsoft issue or a Roxio one. It's normally a firmware issue.
You'll have to see if there is updated firmware for your drive available
from Memorex.

Cari
www.coribright.com

G

Thanks for the quick reply. Could not find a firmware update either. I just got off the phone with Memorex and they say that the 1X MS driver is fine and that it will let me burn at 4 x as long as I am using 4x media. Now, I would swear I picked up 4X media when I bought it but the media does not have a 4X stamp on it. So this may in fact be an ID10T error. I will have to go buy some "4-sure" 4X media and try again.

Thanks again for the quick response.

C

Cari \(MS-MVP\)

Try some Memorex DVD-/+ Disks. I use Memorex -R and they're fine on my
Pioneer A06 (4x).

My original decision for choosing Memorex media was that they were the
prettiest color! However in this instance, it seems to have worked. I'm on
my second pack of 25 and not one coaster!

Cari
www.coribright.com

Ask a Question