MDI Applications and Forms

Jeff Williams

I have a MDI application and if I open a Window(Form) form the Menu bar
it is held in the constraints of the application window.

What I have on this form is a list view which opens another form. This
form is on the top of my app and can be moved outside of the constraints
of the application window.

How can I force this new form to be constrained within the applications
main window and not float outside of the application window.

Regards
Jeff

Nicholas Paldino [.NET/C# MVP]

Jeff,

All you have to do is set the MdiParent of the form to the main form,
and the new form will be an MDI child. The thing is, you have to make sure
that the main form is available to the code that opens the new form.

--
- Nicholas Paldino [.NET/C# MVP]
- (e-mail address removed)