MCE Screen Saver wpgldfsh.scr Tfr from MCE to XP PRO

AT and HMB

I copied this screen saver from c:\windows\system32 MCE to one of my XP
PRO computers.
This appeared OK among the screen saver Disply Properties, but when I chose
this as Screen Saver I got:
"ERROR
The Aquarium screen saver that is installed with Windows Digital Media
Enhancements works only on Windows XP Merdia Center Edition
OK".

Can anyone tell me how I can get this to my XP PRO as I really do like it.
Thanks

AT and HMB

"David Candy" <.> wrote in message
It is dumb to ask how to pirate MS software on an MS owned newsgroup.

I never even thought about it that way - it's only a screensaver for God's
sake. I would have thought MS would have no objection, so why should you.

David Candy

Well if they don't protect their IP they lose it. So they do care. Stealing is stealing.

AT and HMB

"David Candy" <.> wrote in message
Well if they don't protect their IP they lose it. So they do care. Stealing
is stealing.

Are you for real?

David Candy

Well ring MS and ask them. A thief shocked at being told that asking a victim how to steal their product is stupid.

AT and HMB

"David Candy" <.> wrote in message
Well ring MS and ask them. A thief shocked at being told that asking a
victim how to steal their product is stupid.

Some victim.

Bruce Chambers

AT said:
"David Candy" <.> wrote in message
Well ring MS and ask them. A thief shocked at being told that asking a
victim how to steal their product is stupid.

Some victim.

So you're saying that it's OK to steal from some victims, but not
others? Who decides?

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:

Bruce Chambers

AT said:
I copied this screen saver from c:\windows\system32 MCE to one of my XP
PRO computers.
This appeared OK among the screen saver Disply Properties, but when I chose
this as Screen Saver I got:
"ERROR
The Aquarium screen saver that is installed with Windows Digital Media
Enhancements works only on Windows XP Merdia Center Edition
OK".

Can anyone tell me how I can get this to my XP PRO as I really do like it.

I seriously doubt that it's technically possible to do by anyone other
than an expert, as there will be other system files and many registry
entries involved.

Anyway, it's something of a moot point, as attempting to do so is a
clear and flagrant violation of the licensing terms to which you agreed
when you first loaded/ran MCE. In affect, you're announcing to the
world that your given word and/or your signature on a contract is simply
not to be trusted.

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you: