Maximum height of a form

I am building a large form that goes past 22" in height. When I tried to
change to property to increase the height Access displayed a message that
said the "number was too large". Do access forms have a max height?

I went ahead and built another form but I need to know how to reference text
fields on the first form for calculations.

What is the best way to handle displaying large forms?

John Spencer

And to answer your specific question.
Yes, Access forms and report layouts have a maximum height and width of
approximately 22 inches. By the way there is also a maximum number of
controls that can be placed on a form or report layout - if I recall
correctly that is 754 controls.

Look up Specification in the online help for more limits.

Rick B's suggestion of using a tabbed form is the way to go. Especially if
you combine the tabbed control with subforms.

Thanks. For the time being how would I reference a textbox on a subform from
another form .

I used this as a control source for a text box on form2
=Nz(Forms![Form1]![subform1].Form!txtAmount,0)
but I keep getting an error

John Spencer

That looks correct to me IF Form1 is open and if Form1 has a subform control
named Subform1 which has data.

What error are you getting?

John Spencer said:
And to answer your specific question.
Yes, Access forms and report layouts have a maximum height and width of
approximately 22 inches. By the way there is also a maximum number of
controls that can be placed on a form or report layout - if I recall
correctly that is 754 controls.

Look up Specification in the online help for more limits.

Rick B's suggestion of using a tabbed form is the way to go. Especially
if
you combine the tabbed control with subforms.

#Name? appears in the text box.

How would I guarantee the Form1 is open ?

I ended up putting a tab control on another form -"Form3" and putting Form1
on one tab and Form 2 on another tab. Would this make any difference on how I
would refer to the controls on either tab.
I each form is on a tab are they considered Open?

John Spencer said:
And to answer your specific question.
Yes, Access forms and report layouts have a maximum height and width of
approximately 22 inches. By the way there is also a maximum number of
controls that can be placed on a form or report layout - if I recall
correctly that is 754 controls.

Look up Specification in the online help for more limits.

Rick B's suggestion of using a tabbed form is the way to go. Especially
if
you combine the tabbed control with subforms.

"Rick B" <Anonymous> wrote in message
Why not just make it a tabbed form? Place different type of data on
different tabs.

--
Rick B

I am building a large form that goes past 22" in height. When I tried
change to property to increase the height Access displayed a message
that
said the "number was too large". Do access forms have a max height?

I went ahead and built another form but I need to know how to
reference
text
fields on the first form for calculations.

What is the best way to handle displaying large forms?

John Spencer

That sounds as if the Form1 and Form2 are subforms on Form3. So they are
open as controls on the Form3.

Did you check to see what the name(s) of the subform CONTROLS are on form
3? The name of the subform control is not necessarily the same as the same
of the form you used as the source for the subform control.

When you create subform controls, the form used in the subform is NOT open
as a form.

: